Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Thank you Lionel,

I have read that Is important to use an audiophile USB cable in order to allow a continouous data transfer.
About the fan noise, it's not a problem for me; considering that I play music "not at low volume"!!;):D

The USB cable will make no difference as long as it works.....

I'm running daphile on a celeron based Intel NUC and it works great. Tiny cube.

The NUC can be repurposed for windows but as a Daphile music server it's booting and running headlessly off of Linux. Once set up you don't need a monitor, keyboard or mouse. You access it by entering a local IP address on your network in a browser......and the interface pops right up. I use my laptop to access the GUI but any computer on your network can access Daphile.

so problem with TIDAL is that TIDAL dont support http streaming anymore, https only ... LMS have to be in version 8 ... we have to wait the new version of Daphile with LMS 8

see latest Beta version for Tidal fix:

2020-11-10 beta version 20.11-b101707 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes: - LMS update to Nov 10th, 2020 Git version (24882c8) to fix TIDAL access - Kernel update to 5.4.74 and 5.4.74-rt41 - Some package updates and bug fixes

Hello,

after upgrade to Daphile 20.12, the Tidal still has the same issue as before. Does anybody have this problem?

USB mod

Another note...

Had a little hiss when connectong my Aopen E3250S to my Sabaj D5 by USB. Searched the web for a cheap sollution. Disconnecting the black power pin on the USB connector did the trick. Daphile still sees the D5 and no hiss anymore. Tried cutting the red too, but Daphile doesn’t see the D5 anymore.

Just ordered two USB cables with disconnected black (ground) wires.

Last edited:
for these kind of issues check 3rd Party Software for Tidal

Just read the site and apparently Daphile is using a custom version of LMS. So looks that current 8.0.1 is latest version for Daphile. Other LMS user are experiencing these issues as wel. LMS 8.1 should have another fix, but not available for Daphile just yet.

So have to be a bit patient I guess...

Reverted to previous beta firmware daphile-20.11-b101707-x86_64-rt.
Everything up and running again.
I have two Aopen DE3250S slim PC's. One with 4Gb RAM and 32Gb SSD and one with 2Gb RAM and 32Gb SSD. The first with LMS, te second is player only. Had to revert both of them to get it up and running again.

So be warned, updating will kill your Tidal stream!

Last edited:
Daphile showed an update available, I already did the update to 20.12 (losing Tidal that worked in the beta)

changelog states:
2020-12-29 version 20.12 (x86_64, x86_64-rt & i486) changes:
- LMS update to Dec 22nd, 2020 Git version (8.0 branch, commit:8b4b6da)
- Kernel update to 5.4.85 and 5.4.85-rt47
- Bug fixes and component updates

So I'm not sure if I somehow managed to revert to the Beta version without knowing, or that another update was made...I'm guessing the first..

Daphile installed, but now I think I have a problem with Tidal app.

My Topping D90 MQA DAC always show 44,1Khz-PCM when I stream MQA files from Tidal.
When I play files stored on my NAS I can see different sampling rate and different file (FLAC,PCM, etc), so I can assume that there is something wrong and I think somewhere on Daphile settings.

The Tidal account, obviously is an Hi-Fi one with the capabilities to play MQA contents (on Tidal Android app I can do).
Inside the Tidal app for Daphile I selected the streaming quality option to "FLAC or AAC".

Below some Screenshots of my Daphile installation.
I have a doubt about the correct value to be set on Settings-->Audio devices-->DSD Support; actually I have set the value to "Native DSD bitstream". Is it correct considering that my DAC can play natively DSD or I have to set "DSD-over-PCM (DOP)"?

Thank you in advance to anyone will answer.
Let me know if more information is needed.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My Tidal streams all display 44.1 kHz PCM, but my DACs don’t support MQA. I don’t know what is displayed when streaming music through a supported DAC. I suppose MQA. Lot of discussion about MQA vs FLAC. About the sound quality, but the propriority standard MQA is too.

Has nothing to do with DSD. Get a test sample and play it after you adjusted your settings. Native should be fine for your DAC.

Last edited: