Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

My Tidal streams all display 44.1 kHz PCM, but my DACs don’t support MQA. I don’t know what is displayed when streaming music through a supported DAC. I suppose MQA. Lot of discussion about MQA vs FLAC. About the sound quality, but the propriority standard MQA is too.

Has nothing to do with DSD. Get a test sample and play it after you adjusted your settings. Native should be fine for your DAC.

same here, a tip; forget about MQA. Compare Qobuz to Tidal and see where SQ is bringing you.

if installing the new version does not work you should remain on the previously installed version, at least that is happening here when Daphile fails to boot after an update. (think I found the culprit for boot issues, my Intel Optane memory seems to cause issues)

the RT version sounds way better, no need to compare.

Hi everyone, happy new year! I am trying to install Daphile in a disk having Windows 10 installed ant use them in dual boot. I have managed to create the DaphileData and DaphileBoot ext4 partitions. installed Daphile by firmware setting running on a usb, but I don't know how to do the bootloader settings. Could someone help me on this or at least provide any helpful links? Thanks in advance.

to add Tidal you need a an account at mysqueezebox.com, activate the tidal app and enter your details. Having done that you enter your mysqueezebox account login details in the plugin for Daphile.
A bit awkward but it works!

BTW: today I noticed there is yet another update, now to version 21.01b031643-x86_64_rt

Daphile installed, but now I think I have a problem with Tidal app.

My Topping D90 MQA DAC always show 44,1Khz-PCM when I stream MQA files from Tidal.
When I play files stored on my NAS I can see different sampling rate and different file (FLAC,PCM, etc), so I can assume that there is something wrong and I think somewhere on Daphile settings.

The Tidal account, obviously is an Hi-Fi one with the capabilities to play MQA contents (on Tidal Android app I can do).
Inside the Tidal app for Daphile I selected the streaming quality option to "FLAC or AAC".

Below some Screenshots of my Daphile installation.
I have a doubt about the correct value to be set on Settings-->Audio devices-->DSD Support; actually I have set the value to "Native DSD bitstream". Is it correct considering that my DAC can play natively DSD or I have to set "DSD-over-PCM (DOP)"?

Thank you in advance to anyone will answer.
Let me know if more information is needed.

Have you checked your streaming settings in tidal settings actually in Daphile?
You can set your account type in there I think, or set the max bit rate you want to use, my Meridian explorer2 dac works with Tidal MQA via Daphile

buttons in touchpad stopped being recognized

Hi, i have a problem that started in post-20.08 versions; the touchpad buttons in my netbook stopped being recognized.

i've tested 20.12 and 21.01 if i revert to previous versions the buttons work again

any clue in the subject?

thanks.

list of input devices in version 20.08x86_64:
20.08.png

list of input devices in version 21.01x86_64:
21.01.png

capturing touchpad button presses 20.08x86_64:
20.08-03.png

capturing touchpad button presses 21.01x86_64:
21.01-03.png

console mode:
You can use plain ssh console connection and use vi on the daphile box.

For a more graphical way, you could try to install Snowflake SSH/SFTP client. I'm using it on ArchLinux and Manjaro with java 15 installed.
Could you explain a bit more please.
In terminal I get
ssh: connect to host 192.168.0.xxx port 22: Connection refused.
What am I doing wrong and what is vi on the daphile box.

yep you can..it took me like 5 attempts to get it done...so you're not alone, OR the instructions/information on Daphile is a bit thin ;-)
Alternatively downloading the beta and installing also works, I have managed to do so before...but am unable to explain how as it was sheer luck or something similar

Last edited: