Daphile - Audiophile Music Server & Player OS

Can I install the beta version to get Tidal going again using the beta RT 64 bit version iso without damaging all audio files on the SDD? I did try and it installed but then daphile was going in circles for a good while so i rebooted and I'm now back at the previous ver
sion, not sure if it was indexing my files or just froze?

The full installation of
Daphile may be "upgraded" to any specific version at
404 Not Found. Users have to copy the download link of
the version as text to input field besides the Install button and
press Install to process.

somehow I was unable to access the devel mode, both in Chrome and Opera, clicking the link in the FAQ did the trick and I could figure it out.

Configure Daphile as the LMS File Server and MoOde on the USBridge Sig as the squeezelite player.

Many thank again.

This final step for those who may find this in the future is to go into the Audio Config. scroll to the MPD section, and select Edit. In the drop down for Device Type, select USB Audio Device.

Moode will then show up in the Choose Player button in the lower right of Daphile. It will not show up in Audio Devices under Settings.

Using the Allo USBridge Sig went a very long way in removing the jitter I was getting connecting directly to my DAC via USB. Still have a bit of sibilance though.

So, for those of you considering a renderer between the computer and the DAC, it really helps.

Thanks again,
-Josh

just curious , did you measure jitter? not all sibilance is caused by jitter, plain old HF noise does the same thing.

Sorry, don't have a scope to check jitter with.

I am using my old i7 workstation to run Daphile. I always get some midrange jitter from this computer, no matter which OS I use (same results with HQPlayer on Win10 pro for example), and some middle-upper sibilance (right in the sweet spot in mezzo-soprano vocals).

Adding in the USBridge sig greatly reduced the mid-range jitter, but also moved the upper range forward making the sibilance more noticeable. I expect replacing the medical grade power supply with something better, and moving the whole mess to a cleaner mains line would improve things even more.

For comparison, I used to run a Rasbpi 3B into an Allo DigiOne over wifi and had less jitter.
I switched the DigiOne for a Katana (with the 4 power supplies), better overall sound using Daphile, but more jitter than using wifi.

I then upgraded the DAC to a Matrix Audio Element X. Huge improvement over the Katana, better overall sound from Daphile inspite of the jitter.

So, the current quest is figure out the best place to put my next efforts. I think focusing on the renderer is the right way, then consider replacing the computer. I can spend $150.00ish on a power supply, or drop some real cash on an UltraRendu or SOtM 200Ultra.

Thanks,
-Josh

Hi dears,
i'd like to install daphile-20.08-x86_64-rt.iso on a THIN CLIENT PRAIM COMPACT C-22 DUAL CORE CPU 1 GB RAM SSD 2 GB NO OS but when the system remains in status 'Starting' and dont goes ahead.
Some sugges.. ?
Another question: i ve a Fiio E10K dac and in your opinions sound better with a Rpi with Volumio or a little pc with daphile not RT?

Tidal not playing music

Hello,

I want to stream music from TIDAL though Daphile.

I got so far, that I have the Tidal app in Daphile and also in mysqueezebox.com. I even find music with the app. However, it is not possible to actually play that music. The songs start to run (with no audio) for one second, and then stopping and going back to 0:00.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I want to stream music from TIDAL though Daphile.

I got so far, that I have the Tidal app in Daphile and also in mysqueezebox.com. I even find music with the app. However, it is not possible to actually play that music. The songs start to run (with no audio) for one second, and then stopping and going back to 0:00.

Any suggestions? Thank you for your help.
Update tu the latest dahpile beta, it fixes that problem

I'm looking to buy a ryzen 5800x for daphile dsd512 upsampling on a b550 mobo Is there any advantage in using more RAM than the Daphile recommended 2GB ?

For those who are interested I have finally got the new machine running thanks to the help of Kipeta - father of daphile. The sound is magnificent and a big improvement on my i5 9400. Sound is noticeably clearer across all frequencues. I find I can upsample dsd256 to dsd512 with 17 (?) threads and NO stuttering. Memory peaks at 5gb

Pcm is also improved although I still prefer DSD upsampling.

Also if anyone is looking to build a new computer I strongly suggest you look at the amd zen 3 range of CPUs. A noticeable improvement on intel. It will be interesting to see the hqplayer comments

Sure yes, you can upgrade to Beta using:

Daphile-ip-address/cgi-bin/Devel

Sorry if I'm intruding.
I have had the same problem as Kaiserkeks for a few days.
I would like to add to the latest beta with your directions.
Unfortunately I have a problem, when I type IP Daphile / cgi-bin / devel it gives me this error 404 Not Found: cgi-bin / devel.
How can I solve?
Thanks.