• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

dam1941 - Next Gen Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 Khz DAC module

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
You complain that I talked 1941 in the 1021 thread but you talk 1121 in the 1941 manual ;)

E.g: "The dam1921/dam1941 upsamples everything to the final 2.8/3.1 Mhz DAC sample rate in two steps, there are three different filters in the dam1121" - there are 3 more places.

//

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Some products has it's download on their specific product page, others have it in under the top level "Downloads" - could that be structurally improved to use a common pattern?

Maybe an overview chart with product to the left and some properties columns would good - like:

Product (link)-Revision-Latest FW (link)-Latest Filter (link)-In production(y/n)-some_more...-Link to prod page.

//

I just tried to update the firmware on the DAM1941; first off I updated my DAM1021 with 1.21 with no problems. With the DAM1941 using ExtraPutty I am informed that a connection has been made but I get garbage on the screen followed by the cursor. No input is allowed.
Putting the dac back into the system it is still working as previously. Rubbish on screen is:-

Y 6 + e Ym Y V _e V

Any ideas?

One thought - I did pair an Apple Remote with the dac and stored this by pressing FILTER for 4 seconds. Could this have corrupted the firmware in any way?
Hi,
I had the same problem. It was due to a wrong rs232 interface. 1021 is using standard rs232. The 1941 is using a TTL interface. Check the manual for 1941 in there you will find a recommended cable.