DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Joined 2014
Paid Member
AD1862 NOS I2S Boards

I have 9 extra boards that I have from getting my board made. I will sell these for cost plus shipping. $2.00 per board with shipping, somewhere between $5.00 and $10.00.
Boards are 1.6 thickness, 1 oz. copper weight, HASL, 2 layer.

Let me know if you are interested, include your PayPal e-mail address and your shipping address so I can figure shipping; I will send an invoice.
I will send an e-mail for approval of the final amount before sending the invoice.

20201126_215227.jpg

20201126_215246.jpg

Nice build!

I have not. No RPi in my house yet :D
Anyway, @Ripster tried RPi 3B and he claims it works (but his setup can be different from yours, I have a lack of experience with rpi ... try ropieee instead of moode and configure it for the hifiberry dac+ pro as @Ripster said).

Yes sure, Ripster confirmed that he is using Pi3 so then in that case it should be my settings or something else in the setup. Let me try to debug once I get back the dac as it is flying with friends now since more than a week :)

I have 9 extra boards that I have from getting my board made. I will sell these for cost plus shipping. $2.00 per board with shipping, somewhere between $5.00 and $10.00.

Let me know if you are interested, include your PayPal e-mail address and your shipping address so I can figure shipping; I will send an invoice.

I will send an e-mail for approval of the final amount before sending the invoice.

View attachment 897115

View attachment 897116

Ill have another one for my brother, I am sure he will like it;)

Is anyone aware of a Rochester group buy?

So it's maybe the Rpi despite the Fifo after, I thought it was not proof at 388 sample rate, but maybe even 192Kz is too much ? If someone has a Rpi with the board and could add an inputt about that ?

@ har917 (the LM317 is well known to have very low noise, less than the 78 family, and easy to use, there are of course tons of good better regs nowadays, but damn for the price of it they are hard to beat and enough in many analog applications, but notice I'm not electronician as Miro1360 is....
Something defintly cool to read is what Nazar member wrote in him blog here at Diyaudio about fast regs with the LM317/337 : could be also a good cheap enough reg for the aop with only 1 to 2 uf with 100 nF with the fastest oaps on their legs of the discussed list... for the digital side Miro said the AD1862 had very low noise regs inside so a proper decoupled 79/78xx regs from On Semi is certainly good enough -as NJR ones?- .... want to improve ? just buy a R-Core traffo instead a torroid; there is in India a good supplier of R-Core but I don't remember the name , sorry)

Yes, There are few good manufacturers for R-Core in India,
planning to use R-Core with different taps for Analog section and Digital Section.

Thanks

I have raspberry pi 3b and hifiberry dac+ pro running ropieee. Miros board is connected to i2s output off hifiberry dac and I can play 24bit 192kHz without any distortions.
Well even with ropieee and roon I get the same results. But you have a DAC (hifiberry dac) before the Miro AD1862 DAC. Probably some altering of the signal must be happening there?! The hifiberry hat that i am using as well as the fifopi have no DAC.

Anyway, with roon setup, I can finally do some proper listening and testing of hifiberry vs fifopi and different power supplies. [emoji106]

Well the information about hifiberry i2s header are very poor. So I have no idea what is going on but what I do know is there is no hifiberry driver being loaded since I selected rasberry dac i2s in ropieee... But since you have no dac on digi+ pro I would presume that you need to load hifiberry drivers in ropieee for HAT to work properly...

This morning I put back in the Fifopi, what a difference! Excellent improvement in both tonal and spacial qualities. My idea was to use the hifiberry with the AD1862 and fifopi with Dddac, but this AD1862 dac deserves better!

Currently on the bench again to power clean side of Fifopi with better psu.. Lets see...

Joined 2014
Paid Member

View attachment 897115

View attachment 897116

I can't ship international at a good price. For that reason, I will only ship within the United states.

The R10 & R11 is output resistor and it theoretically prevents the start of oscillations.
Another function is the prevention of excessive load on the opamp in case there is a short circuit at the output (damaged cable, connector).
Practically it is probably unnecessary and can be as short/jumper ... but the sound will not be harmed with it so you can put the resistor there :)

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
yes har297, as Miro is saying : keep it there : 100 to 150 ohms helps more than it arms : 1/4 or 1/8 W is enough, you can try either metal or carbon type to voice little the result : but measure the resistor to try to keep them in 5% precision or less between the two channels (Yageo metal films 1% or 0.1% are good, better than the Dale RN55 and costs less)