DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

But then again everything is made in China, especially electronics.
On Mouser, the country of origin is written on each parts bag - COO (country of origin) - for example
WIMA capacitors is COO - DE (Germany)
1657645709079.jpg.e1de7cae8f3dd4373d0a7b38e19ab5ee.jpg

LDOs - are Texas USA

Mill-Max IC Sockets are USA

Etc....

Almost everything from the Miro BOM is not from China... I don't have a single part on the PCB from China.

Reactions: 1 users
What makes you think that the package in cerdip makes a difference in performance ?
Just because they are unobtanium ?
Or you think it has a different die inside ?
Or you can only get them from Aliexpress ?

Patrick
I know the opinion from one person about difference of the sound these two. I can't to compare myself.
I know this man a few years. I also was buyed Amonero from him. His opinion maybe not pro but it has be.
Here - https://zvukomaniya.ru/ad797sq/ (but you need to translate on your language).

So we put the same silicon die in a ceramic package instead of plastic.
And WOW, it totally transforms the sound !!!

Then it must be even more sublime to put this same die in a metal-sealed military package.
At least this can get rid of the few mW of heat much better than cerdip.
And of course it has been aged for decades in some industrial equipment, just like good French wine.

AD797AH.jpg

I still have 8x OPA627BM (yes, B grade on top of metal case).
Need to go and check immediately how much they are worth now.

:LOL:

Patrick

Reactions: 3 users
It's not about the sound...It's about the working life of something. I bought a transistor in a local store - a Chinese fake - it dies very quickly under load. It's not how part sound, but how long part lasts. And I don't want to finance communist countries in principle...:cool:

Well, OPA627BM from DK / Mouser cannot be classified as communist, right ?
But of course if you are in Russia, you probably cannot buy from Mouser / DK these days.

;)

Patrick
Luckily I'm not from there. Although there are Russians/Ukrainians here at my place everywhere. Refugees. And they are welcome here to come and stay forever. It's like I'm in the middle of Moscow. Mouser can be ordered here - but the price is a little higher.

Last edited:

Then it must be even more sublime to put this same die in a metal-sealed military package.
At least this can get rid of the few mW of heat much better than cerdip.
And of course it has been aged for decades in some industrial equipment, just like good French wine.

View attachment 1072834

I still have 8x OPA627BM (yes, B grade on top of metal case).
Need to go and check immediately how much they are worth now.

:LOL:

Patrick
Yes, it's seems like unbelievable.

its running?
Not yet. The positive LDO from the USA will arrive on Monday. Then I try the power supply first and measure the voltage - and try it under a test load. Then I will connect to the DAC PCB - and measure the voltages on them and put the expensive PCM63P-Y on end

ozicenje.jpg.8ba72de77fc3f8e89e28b9f5874ca265.jpg

All wiring is Van den Hul D102 MK III Hybrid - central wires - with carbon fibers - and a graphene cover that repels all interference.

Op-amps
sparkosssss22222.jpg.6a209ae3f950d6311b37f7dd46276ca3.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Not yet. The positive LDO from the USA will arrive on Monday. Then I try the power supply first and measure the voltage - and try it under a test load. Then I will connect to the DAC PCB - and measure the voltages on them and put the expensive PCM63P-Y on end

View attachment 1072843

All wiring is Van den Hul D102 MK III Hybrid - central wires - with carbon fibers - and a graphene cover that repels all interference.

Op-amps
View attachment 1072847
:love::love:

Reactions: 1 user