DAC AD1862: Almost THT, I2S input, NOS, R-2R

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
This is opinions of the many people. In different sources it is written. My opinion is not here.
Stop watching tv they are lying to you...sarmat them and go listen music with your ears and you will know :)
By the way I do not beleive this is one of your ad1862 dac chip that is broken...your channel that does not work is from another cause.
Rastafariiiiii !

Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
I am green and eats roots, though zero radiations and little... so I'm not Hulk !

Btw, tottally off topic but I have good laughs at watching Saison 3 of The Boys about crazy psychotic super heroes thinking they are at the center of the world attention cause they can destroy the Earth or save people from themselves and at the same time TV companies that manipulate everyone in order to sell soap and points of marketing influence with ads ! Very refreshing serie always switching from second degree to auto critism... Fully dystopic and insane, so very nice between two music listening session of Jazz and Bob Marley ! I stoppend watching OBI Wan after three episode as the guy is in a total nervous breakdown as a retired general going to the front, lol !

hey Vunce, still waiting your feedback in order to know if I am deaf :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Stop watching tv they are lying to you...sarmat them and go listen music with your ears and you will know :)
By the way I do not beleive this is one of your ad1862 dac chip that is broken...your channel that does not work is from another cause.
Rastafariiiiii !
I am not watch TV, only playing with my PC/PS-4😄
You don't believe me? - I got a two dead chips - one is my and other - from AliExpress. I made a refund!
They are already silent😅

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Damit I stopped with the PSII and the first Xbox...

I really do not understand how you can break two chips, this is feasible but it asks some efforts ! A bad contact of one leg of an operational amplifier is more likely to happen. It could be also one of the shift register perhaps but I do not believe it is. try to check the continuity with a DVM with the buzzing sounding option. Check all the caps polarity of the dac chip on the faulty channel.

@diyiggy, one of the chips from Paddy is alive! He's normal working without artefacts. But I was recently buyed a pair (N-J grade) and install them both. All working perfect! Chip from ali also silent - I tried to swapped him from left to right channel - he's dead definitely also. I don't throw away them - maybe give them to someone for check also. Maybe chips have a protection from shortcut? I don't know. In my town there is no possibility for check!

Joined 2014
Paid Member
….hey Vunce, still waiting your feedback in order to know if I am deaf :)
Whoops, I was building suspense Iggy! :rofl:
I’m assuming your referring to the little green Vishay AC01xxxxxxx cement wirewound resistors in R8/R9 positions.
I tried this resistor in 2K and Rhopoint (from Paddy’s GB) in 1K5 installed in the SMD opamp version of MiroDac. This board is loaded with the OPA1655 opamps and the ‘Vunce Hack’ smd caps as close to the power legs as possible. Couldn’t get the Vishay in the 1K5 value so adjusted the preamp volume a bit. I’m not much of a reviewer because my description would mean nothing to anyone else besides who’s in the room with me. I don’t want to go off the tracks with a subjective/objective debate. But, I couldn’t tell much of a difference (if any) between the two resistor models. I am very pleased with how the music sounds with either one. Very good recommendation Iggy! I wish I knew this before I spent 10x the money on the boutique resistors. The pitfalls of falling down deep into the rabbit hole :spin:
Cheers!

Try PCM63P-Y and let me know if you have changed your mind.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/273089900796

That ebay seller is infamous:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/polida2008-a-real-thi-ef-on-ebay-fake-mosfets.268431/

Wow, this would mean sending 280$ to a seller with lower than 98% pos. feedback. :headscratch:
Who would?

Who would? Apparently some eager to pay for a "Y" as there are "14 sold" !

They could have at least printed the lettering to look more convincing:
1655289873022.png

The standard of forgeries is so disappointing sometimes. Theres really no excuse when DIYaudio members even show them the real thing to forge:
1655289518706.png

Thank goodness for the AD1862. Abundant, genuine and affordable. As good as it gets. No need to go hunting for other chips when the quality of the implementation for many DIY builds will dominate the sound over the chip selection.

Big thanks to Miro

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users