Cult movies - what is your favorite - what is your favorite part

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
I liked this.

JH

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 310
<em>Seven Samurai</em> is an awesome film. So enthralling I only realised it was three hours long because the cinema I was watching it at put an intermission in the middle.

<em>Dusk Til Dawn</em> is very good, definite classic.

<em>The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly</em> is great, but for true classic Eastwood you can't beat <em>Paint Your Wagon!</em> :D (which has the distinction of having Lee Marvin AND Clint Eastwood starring in it)

My list has many of the favorites listed before but I broke it down somewhat by genre:
SciFi - (tie) Blade Runner(orig)
The Fifth Element
Action/Drama- Backdraft (directors cut)
Tear jerker - Of Mice and Men (both versions)
Western - Outlaw Jose Wales
Since I have Kids - The Grinch Who Stole Christmas (animated)

Favorite line: "Dying ain't much of living, Boy". Clint Eastwood,
Outlaw Jose Wales

a few...

Lady On The Bus
Women On The Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
Perdita Durango (Dance with the Devil)
Y Tu Mama Tambien
The House Of Yes
Pecker
Rounders
Happiness

I guess Almodovar, Cronenberg and John Waters would be my favorite "cult directors".

Btw - Y Tu Mama Tambien was David Ansen's #1 pick of 2002 in last week's Newsweek(!).

Noam

peranders said:
One of my favorite cult movies is "The man who fell to earth" by Nicholas Roeg. Year, 197x? David Bowie had the main role.

It's one of Mine as well, My Uncle plays the doctor who examines David Bowie!

Also...
Strangelove
Forbidden Planet
Anything from Mel Brooks
Rocky Horror
Any Marx Brothers movie
Any(Orignial) Three stooges short
Abbot & Costello

More recent ones..
Deuce Bigalow: Male Jigalo
Dumb & Dumber
Airplane #1 only
All Of the Hot-Shot movies
Robin hood:Men in tights
Animusic

Tall Shadow

Prison A-Go-Go

Best scene:
The food fight in the mess hall wherein I, while fulfilling a lifelong dream of performing in a chicks-in-prison movie with Rhonda Shear, playing a ninja, beat a prison guard senseless, then hold him while a fellow ninja gives him a pair of purple nurples!

Don't miss it!

MRehorst said:
Prison A-Go-Go

Best scene:
The food fight in the mess hall wherein I, while fulfilling a lifelong dream of performing in a chicks-in-prison movie with Rhonda Shear, playing a ninja, beat a prison guard senseless, then hold him while a fellow ninja gives him a pair of purple nurples!

Don't miss it!

When is it coming out? Why isn't your name listed in the cast?

http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0339534

http://www.wipstudios.com/prison

Alas, I was but an extra. Ilram Choi, who correographed all the martial arts for the film, used to practice at the same school I do. One night he came to my class and announced that they needed extras who could do martial arts for a movie. I jumped at it! The rest is history.

I do appear in this picture on the web page:
Ninjas!
That's me, second from the left.

If you watch the trailer very carefully, there is a brief (about 100ms) shot of a guard getting his nipples tweaked. I am the guy behind him, holding his head back!

MR

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.