Crossover for BMS 4590 driver

Does anyone have any schematics for any proven "custom" crossovers for the BMS4590 ( 8 ohm ones) I have been unsucessfully attempting the flatten the response of these drivers by adding notch filters etc. ( running in a 200hz Le Cleach horn crossed actively @ 350hz)

I have looked on the web and have seen ones on german pages for eckhorns etc, and but i don't understand from my simple calcs what they are doing as the notch filters seem to be in places in the freq range where i don't think i need them.

I know Alk Universal networks which are specially designed to use in Klipsch heritage horn speakers work great with BMS CDs. take a look may give you a clue:

Attachments

• LAYOUT.GIF
    LAYOUT.GIF
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,323
  • PHOTO.JPG
    PHOTO.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,700
i had seen this and i throught it would be a starting point... KS-1804

First X/O version of KS-1804 also included passive high-pass (C1011) for 4590/M. -6dB frequency was close to 410 Hz with SL250-2 horn:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This could be one starting point but requires tuning for selected horn. I have also additional active filtering for resonance @ 3 kHz and peaks @ 7 kHz and 10 kHz.

Br,
KS

Got some time over weekend to build and test a crossover. Built it initially as per KS-1804, differences in horn etc results in a higher HF response than desirable. Reduced the attenuation on the MF which leveled things up a bit. Don't think this is the best way - maybe i need to add a shallow notch filter around 7.5k ?? I was going to use a series one - any reasons why not?

crossover1.png

MLH (germany made) horn is ordered, will have in 2-3 weeks., drivers ordered also, will have on hands in 3-4 days. but i want to start ordering some parts for pasive crossover. at least to start playing music and do some "safe" SPL measurments
oh, and bass is powered by hypex 251 DSP, 15" faithal 15pr400.