Cross-talk measurements vs frequency?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Very impressive method and results, ThomasA - thank you very much for this and writing it up.

I think it shows that when crosstalk is in opposite phase in L>R and R>L tests, then coil azimuth dominates and can be improved by adjustment. At the optimal coil azimuth setting, any other phase combination can result, and perhaps the cause of this remnant is unwanted stylus/cantilever/generator motion or in the cutting process? But it seems a good way to determine when the optimal setting is achieved, and working out which way to rotate the cart.

Crosstalk remnant seems to be about -35dB to -30dB, consistent with the best available results claimed by lathe trolls elsewhere.

Do you know what level the Epsilon test track is recorded at, ThomasA?

Thx again.

LD

Regarding the recording level on the Elipson record, I have to come back with detail. I would also say that the quality of the signals of the Elipson record is accurate in other aspects (sweeps, fixed frequencies etc). But it suffers from quite much clicks and pops. It is accurately positioned with respect to eccentricity but a bit warped. I wish they would make standard thickness records, the 180/200 g tend to be more warped than the average.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.