Covers that are arguably better than the originals:

That is a quite shocking post!

Especially since Boney M. is an early Milli Vanilli and half of them never actually sang on any of the records. The male voice was done by producer Frank Farian who is also responsible for the aforementioned abomination.

Never thought I'd find myself agreeing with Kay who is quite the traditionalist when it comes to music. So that is at least one thing you achieved Davor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Charles Darwin, I know everything you wrote about Boney M. But even with half od them singing their version of "No Woman No Cry" is better than original.
I never cared about common taste in music or everything else and its always fun to **** off traditionalists. Thats how some of the greatest music was created.

Cindra, a bit late to comment on this particular post, but Scott Bradlee is a frickin genius; almost anything by PMJ is a delight to both the ears and eyes. I tend not to think of them so much as “covers”, as genre swapping re-imaginations, of which the composer/original artist might well opine “gee, that kinda works, too”
I Only Have Eyes For You (The Flamingos) - Postmodern Jukebox Cover ft. Sunny Holiday - YouTube

Then there’s Puddles Pity Party; Mike’s shtick might not be for everyone, but I find the talent incandescent. He has a pretty interesting catalog, all in the Kabuki-esque costume & makeup

Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video] - YouTube

For yet another very powerful take on the same tune, Dave Draiman (Disturbed);
Disturbed - The Sound Of Silence [Official Music Video] - YouTube

Last but not least for now, as Rick Beato has commented, when Weird Al does one of your songs, you know you’ve “arrived”. Too many there to list, but my two favorites were “Eat It”, and “Fat”