Clone SERVO CD HECD-019A for PHILIPS CDM12.1

Anyway, it seems that the TOC is red, i think could it be a protocol error. Speed of disc and time that spins, seems that the reading of the TOC is completed, maybe servo it's expecting some sort of response code from the controller...or the inverse, the controller is expecting some data from servo board

Reactions: 1 user
it's a real mystery. Yesterday I spent all day checking the schematic, PCB layout, checked the components one by one, plugging and unplugging wires etc... but nothing, it's ok for me, the PCB layout is the same as the wiring diagram which doesn't I can find errors. The only error I had encountered a few days ago was a capacitor, the C3 which was 22pF instead it had to be 22n but I immediately noticed it and replaced it. But I'm not giving up, I want to find the error if any. There will be a way, I think ... I accept advice thanks!

for example, it would seem to recommend the TDA1302, but what would be the differences between the TDA1300 and the TDA1302. For me none according to the datasheets.

that red line between pin41 SAA7372 and pin11 TDA1300, I don't understand what it means, a connection between the two pins?

1692780172953.png

1692780259978.png

1692780354379.png

Last edited:
The first macro event that i could see is the missing ack/nack at 9ms of the time line. It seems that there are a series of the same sequences repeated....and instead with the hecd servo board, there are differences? (with the same disc inserted)

result with HECD

if you want to analyze the file just download the software at the attached link, it's free.
https://www.saleae.com/downloads/

1692981930316.png

Attachments

• HECD.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I just tested it and I made a big discovery! The board using SAA7372 uses I2C communication to be fully compatible with SAA7327! This is something I've always wanted to test, tried it today, it's the same! In other words, OM5284 can replace your P87C58! But there is a difference in wiring because the OM5284 uses SILD and RAB, just like the circuit of the CDT-713 I attached! Like datasheet, the SAA7327 is just adding some new registers to the SAA7372! The software is compatible!
the wiring diagram I used for the PCB is the one you sent me.
Circuit of the CDT-713.

Attachments

• CD7 (DSA 1disc)-3-1.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 77
Dear Sergio, I am working on an Audionet ART G2, based on Marantz CD63 or CD6000. As far as I can see the communication pins which are labeled AuxBack, AUX1 Data and AUX3STB on HECD-019A are labeled DSA ACK, DSA DATA and DSA STRB on the Audionet connector. Would your board support this kind of communication?
Best regards from Germany
Benedikt
It seems to me that it is equipped with a SAA7345, so the mechanics should be a CDM PRO?

but I didn't understand what you would like to do, why do you want to use a Josaudio control? I also have a Josaudio control one but I have never managed to make the HECD-019 servo work in combination with Josaudio, surely the problem is the Philips P87C58 eeprom on the servo board, the axis commands are stored in this eeprom and they do not combine with the Josaudio controller.