Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Ah, right! I know I forgot something! I take it I should create it if there isn't any at the moment? Or maybe the smps chassis creates it?

There is a GROUND symbol at one of the SMPS terminals, just run a wire (preferably green in color) from that terminal to any metal point in the chassis. I have mine connected to the bolt/screw holding the PCB base legs to the chassis.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated. Guangui, that's what I was wondering as well. When I install the chassis ground I will first measure if the smps creates a ground and report back.

Sorry it took so long for me to get back to this. I measured it today and the smps casing is connected to the ground. This means that the mounting bolts and nuts transfer this ground to chassis. But because the chassis is coated it is insulated from this ground. When testing the bare metal (cut through the coating) the whole case is connected to ground.

So, the questions are:

- is there still the need for a separate ground connection?
- and if so, why would that have any benefit over the current connection (since both will be limited to the bare metal - so touching the chassis will not guarantee being connected to ground)

Thanks again.

- is there still the need for a separate ground connection?

If you peeled some of the coating so there is metal to metal connection from the SMPS to the Bolts and to the Chassis, you don't need anything else, but if in doubt just run a ground wire from the ground connection terminal of the SMPS to the chassis.

- and if so, why would that have any benefit over the current connection (since both will be limited to the bare metal - so touching the chassis will not guarantee being connected to ground)

That I cannot answer with certainty, but as mentioned above, when in doubt go for it. It will only cost you a few centimeters of wire.

"200W" Stack, 2x50W + 1x100W TPA3132D2 with active X-Over (200Hz Linkwitz), powering my mobile Boombox. (2x 8" Beyma 8AG/N + 1x 12" MHB12 Sub)

Beymas at 26dB Gain, Sub at 32dB, PVCC=20V.

SPL at 2m, (C-Weight, slow, lp):

104dB, 122dB peak

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 3,768
  • IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 3,744
Hi, I have just finished assembling this three channel 2.1 amp with mini DSP for x-over duties. The three L15d's were from kits and mated to the mini DSP, Connex SMPS800re.

I had a spare pair of Mission 771's (wife deemed too big for surround duties!) so those and a 4 ohm Rockford sub (only needs a tiny enclosure) will make a nice upgrade to my PC/spare room 2.1 system.

Pretty happy with the sound but now that it all works I'll start having a play- cap upgrade to amps, soft start to stop speaker popping on power off, bit of gain after DSP and figure out why Ov on the DSP volume pot is not totally silent.
fb3b10645ecf3d400d30a625b18717f5.jpg
82d7b6c0e3bd1c4d71f3c202dad0fcb7.jpg
6af196daaa0bcd10e17ef00968afa06e.jpg
cf745d3bfb8ca4c3bc610235b2e496ce.jpg