Class D Amp Photo Gallery

Helder Tk2020

Ready to be installed

Attachments

• 20150427_142538.jpg
    20150427_142538.jpg
    612.7 KB · Views: 1,701
Do you have a build/concept thread on this yet?
Not yet. Am still busy building the first prototypes & optimizing the design. It features a standard Sallen-Key 4th order lpf/hpf setup, a vcf subsonic filter, a BTL dc protection, anti plop circuit and a standard motional feedback mixer. The 3116 is moved to the pcb bottom where it is thermically coupled to the aluminium mounting plate. Like the ti eval module mlcc is used for the output filters & bootstraps. For scale ref a yuanjing is visible in the background.

Attachments

• abc.jpg
    abc.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 1,771
Just build two mono sure tpa3116's. It was my first proper build after messing around with ta2021's and stereo tpa3116 for a while.

DSC_0218_zpslwxrscwy.jpg

DSC_0217_zpsk3dusmlg.jpg

DSC_0219_zpsbcn61opw.jpg

Yes, I switched output l/r after taking the pictures :). I tried to pay attention to the layout and keep cables as short as possible. Amps are dead silent and don't really need the ventilation. I plan on getting the power cables fixed inside the case soon. Any other hints and / or tips to improve?

Last edited:
Just build two mono sure tpa3116's. It was my first proper build after messing around with ta2021's and stereo tpa3116 for a while.

DSC_0218_zpslwxrscwy.jpg

DSC_0217_zpsk3dusmlg.jpg

DSC_0219_zpsbcn61opw.jpg

Yes, I switched output l/r after taking the pictures :). I tried to pay attention to the layout and keep cables as short as possible. Amps are dead silent and don't really need the ventilation. I plan on getting the power cables fixed inside the case soon. Any other hints and / or tips to improve?

How does it sound compare with the stereo version?