Chip Amp Photo Gallery

Yes,thanks...first time i tried etching whit the photo imprint method...it worked quite nice. Thanks again to BrianGT for the design.

Attachments

• gain.jpg
    gain.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2,925
Hi,

Congratulations to all team of administration with successful forum upgrade!

Here are pictures of my latest DIY Project – gainclone the „G”:

DSC03640_resize.jpg

Back panel

DSC03554.jpg

Inside (diy heatsink from two old ones )

DSC03596.jpg

Ready for testing

DSC03610.jpg

During tests side by side with Leach SS

quick specs:

Two transformers 2x24VAC 100W (on caps - 34VDC);
Two bridges from 16 MUR820 ;
Four RIFA low ESR 15 000uf 40V;
p2p wiring;
LM3875TF non inverting circuit with zobel network (0,1uf + 10R);
Case from eBay;
diy 4mm aluminium chassis;
2 apem white 230V LED (flat type);
Key switch (mechanical child lock  );
Two silver G letters with Swarovski crystal

Amp sounds really nice and powerful in whole range (very detailed High and Mid range, also low end is good)-no doubt, but I still prefer my SS leach (of course is in different weight class )
I will try to measure amp parameters later.
So, next will be some tube project i hope...

Here is my baby, finally deemed worthy of going on the Gallery thread. I just put the lid on it yesterday, for hopefuly the final time.

It shows the guts of the thing, mostly. I need to take one final pic of it, showing it sealed and turned on - all black, with an ultra-bright single white led on the front.

As you can notice, it's based on the chipamp.com boards, dual-mono design with 120VA transformers per channel. It's serious overkill, but the price was the same as the 80VA I wanted to use so .. why not. It runs on 35V rails, which gives it enough power to blast the glass off my windows, when plugged into the Cerwin Vega speakers.

In the back you can see an IC-based speaker protection circuit, that works perfectly well, as well as a ground-loop disconnecting network.

The sound? Well .. as far as I can judge it - this thing sounds wonderful. I don't know how to compare it to my NAD amp, but it's at least as good, maybe more dynamic somehow. Unlike my NAD, however, I can put it in my backpack and take it anywhere :) It's the size of a netbook, although a liiiitle heavier.

Many thanks to all of you that have helped me with it.

Thats a pretty cool chassis! I like that it is blank. No retailer mark on it.
I am putting one together now with Sonance Sonamp 260 chassis. Bought it working on ebay and thought it made a nicer case than an amp! :)
Perfect inside. Sinks and place to mount a toroid. That toroid gets close to speaker outputs though so maybe some hum. We will see.
Uriah