CD 300 with CDM-0 and dual 1540

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Honestly, I would prefer rfbrw do it, should he agree. My experience with logical circuits is limited when compared to his and the schematics will not be tested in real before publishing. I am sticking to the 4bit counter version which I know for sure works.

Whichever way you go, I suggest you reclock the NOS LE signal with the OS LE signal going to 1540s in the nonmodified version.

tubee said:

How will the schematic look like then?

But if you don't want waste (a long) time on that schematic to draw i don't mind, and will figure it out myself, because i want to finish some other projects first (cdp with 4 dacs, speakers, turntable) so i have no time left to change this 14 bit machine yet.
The 4 paralleled 1541 CDP with shift registers in NOS is allmost listenable in a few weeks i guess.;)

Sorry, it's not about wasting time, but drawing an untested circuit. My experience with digital circuits is not big enough to be so confident.

Basically it should be two D flip flops for each data signal (right and left), both clock inputs connected to BCK (CLCF) clock, the data going to D1, Q1 -> D2, Q2 -> data input of 1540. This way you delay the data signal by two clock ticks. In fact, you will need two 7474s as they are only dual. Maybe there is a quadruple version.

But the counter solution is tested and has actually lower nb. of ICs. The 7HC125 drivers are optional.

Thanks Phofman,
I have no huge logic knowledge either, but the logic i used so far still works:D

btw, the 74/174 could be the hex version of 74/74, but i have to look in the datasheets then.

Sorry, i go now, will proceed with my surround back & center speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.