Car speakers on home?

Attachments

• Tesla Numbers.jpg
    Tesla Numbers.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 86
Tesla speak about numbers and frequency.What is sound? Change in air pressure,the speed of change is frequency.You heard for Schumann resonance,Earth frequency.Everything on earth vibrate, superposition or change phase of sound we affect the irradiated object,human.The brain works at a certain frequency,just like any human organ....

Don’t waste your time on using any of those at home because the crossover are most likely integrated and tailored towards the hat shelf or door in the car. Using them at home will sound harsh.

Mostly speaker 2way and 3 way have only capacitor with tweeter, maybe someone's have and inductor.Mostly cut frequency is about 3kHz.That can be solved.But this does not affect the linearity of the speakers.
I'm interested in what is different in the construction of the speaker from the hi fi. A speaker that reproduces low frequencies must have sufficient membranes travel, otherwise those frequencies will not be heard?

It doesn’t matter how I chose those frequencies...
It does matter, insofar as it gives us an insight into your knowledge of the scientific principles behind loudspeaker design.

In addition to the large Qtc that hi fi speakers can have, what else are difference between car speakers and hi fi.?
The differences have already been pointed out in the course of the thread, but you may find this discussion helpful:

What is the difference between a car speaker and a home speaker? - Quora

P.S. It is car speaker drivers which typically have a higher Qts than home speaker drivers - not the other way round as you have stated it.

P.P.S. You seem intent on going ahead with your idea. I suggest you experiment with different sizes of sealed boxes until you find the optimum volume for your chosen driver. It's a good idea to make experimental boxes from stout cardboard before committing yourself to expensive woodwork.

When I first started making speakers the only drivers I could get were car speakers, I can't say I've had any problems with them. They often use cone tweeters, that could have a narrow dispersion, they also generally run the mid/bass full range and use the tweeter to fill in above 10,000 Hz. I have used an inductor to reduce the highs from the mid/bass with a different tweeter on one pair of desk top speakers I made.

Galu you should to copy everything: Wikipedia : Often, large speakers such as those used in clubs and in professional audio actually allow little cone excursion and/or they have fairly stiff surrounds that do not allow them to fluctuate greatly without high power. This is because they would otherwise overdrive and have a much shorter lifetime because it doesn't take much power at very low frequencies to cause even a large and "powerful" loudspeaker to overfluctuate.

It doesn’t matter how I chose those frequencies, let’s get back to the topic.

It does matter.

Your magic number concept put extreme requirements to the midrange driver: flat frequency 6-7 octaves. They exist but cost. Search Fostex, Lowter and Seas. They are all 8 ohm which allow low distortion and predictable response. Cheap car 2-way coaxes absolutely does not. Why are you fixed on using cheap car midranges from 108-8100 hz at home. Sounds like some new religious idea. It won’t work. But you won’t listen to that so just go ahead and try it and learn for yourselves. What kind of box do you plan to use? What crossover parts? What bass and treble? Car drivers may work in general but you still need to make a good design based on scientific calculations and measurements, not some magic number conspiracy theory. Cheaper drivers usually can’t deal with more than 3 octaves. Meaning you need 3 drivers to cover the full musical spectrum. There’s your magic number: 3x3=9 wow what a coincidence.
:) :)

Last edited:
Yeah,audio is complex science.Of course, the parameters of the speakers must be measured and a suitable box made. My idea was for the FR speaker to cover that famous frequency, and car speakers are the first aid because they are the cheapest.
But as I see car speakers are still not for hi fi, and those that can serve are much more expensive as well as expensive hi fi speakers.
Thank you all for your help because I solved some dilemmas. Many greetings and good health to me!

Last edited: