C/E/X PA Flat to 30 (FT30) PA TH Awesomeness

I finally got REW working (on my secondary computer (Windows XP) and a different USB soundcard. Took various measurements of this 5Fold prototype, which I've been holding onto for a while.

My tests are to realize differences with and without that short board at S1, with the S-baffle cutout (Djim option) vs with 3/4 baffle cutout (another Djim option), waveguide/extenders, compatibility/frequency response when coupled with a TH-18 and a couple other things. I'll post them soon. Getting calibration (SPL meter & REW) just right takes some time at first. Has been quite addicting.

Two questions:

1. Although REW can measure impedance (with extra parts), I own DATS. Am I right in thinking this will work up-to-par, measuring impedance with the drivers loaded in the cab (in addition to purely measuring T/S parameters in free air)?

2. Anyone up to getting a symmetrical fold going for this 5Fold? If not, I'll move forward with the current plan. I'm purchasing multiple sheets of 3/4" birch ply on Monday (5'x5' for $40, or 4'x8' for $67). I need to complete 4 cabs by the end of the month. I'd love to learn how, but this might not be a one-day process for my first time. If it's not, there's another design I have in mind I could study for and practice folding (will be another thread).

Last edited:
From what I have used DATS worked just fine doing impedance sweeps. I know others said it can be finicky at times though.

I would wait to hear from EP or others for the fold. Since trying to finish a few designs myself I am starting to understand how to fold now. BUT I wouldnt want anyone folding my designs and then becoming upset it was perfect.

Speaking of I need to get started on my prototype. :)

first of i modded the design for a cone correction.cressendo got al the details, drawing and cnc files
the 9000 wil be a fraction louder where it counts ,it also moddels smoother.
i d go for the 9000
the rcf 18x451 is also a verry good option.

Last edited:
first of i modded the design for a cone correction.cressendo got al the details, drawing and cnc files
the 9000 wil be a fraction louder where it counts ,it also moddels smoother.
i d go for the 9000
the rcf 18x451 is also a verry good option.

:):):):):):):):):) thanx for answering,,,
so epa cone corection for nlw 9000??
can you give me details,i got one cone correction from martin,but for the lw2400 ,now i have the opportunity to go bigger,,,:D

just a general cone correction for 18"
30%20th.jpg

bracing.jpg

in here you find the stl files for cnc routing
btw,this is the bracing for 4 subs ,1 sheet 122x244
61 cm wide external

Last edited:
just a general cone correction for 18"
30%20th.jpg

bracing.jpg

in here you find the stl files for cnc routing
btw,this is the bracing for 4 subs ,1 sheet 122x244
61 cm wide external

Images don't seem to be working.

Maybe it might be best to include them as attachments with your post? They'll be hosted off the diyaudio site and therefore always accessible as long as the forum remains accessible (same site).

Quick post before bed, after a long two weeks:
Four of these are closed up, loaded with B&C 18SW115 and making floors flex. Yes, there's more bracing throughout. More pictures and impressions later.

Attachments

• epa30 1.JPG.jpg
    epa30 1.JPG.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 1,310
  • epa30 side internal w driver.JPG.jpg
    epa30 side internal w driver.JPG.jpg
    969.9 KB · Views: 638
  • epa30 bracing 2.JPG (1).jpg
    epa30 bracing 2.JPG (1).jpg
    764.5 KB · Views: 516