C/E/X PA Flat to 30 (FT30) PA TH Awesomeness

Did this ever get built?
conical%20th%20xco1%20idee.jpg

I completely forgot about this design drawing.

Never built a design like this before. So I guess I could just start with the 21" since I have it already. F3 would be 30hz to stay with this thread. Now using the 21" might get large so not sure.

I am guessing maybe 450-500liters.

Do the 45 degree angle pieces not attached to the perpendicular sides or are they?

Hard to tell from the picture. I was just thinking how I would build this. I have a Alpine 15SWS sitting around also that can be used. BUT I was thinking that the 21" could be used also and probably much better for SPL. Then I can just buy wood and go from there.:D

The more I look at this build the more fun it looks like building.

Last edited:
Will have to find which EPA posted HR input post it was but I just tried my driver(21SW152) in HR and it looks great.

This was close to maximum SPL out of this cabinet. Was curious how much a pair could get to 140db at 30hz. :D Single cabinet does about 133db so another cab is pretty darn close. 24hz 3rd order Hpass.

This is not my design, but NO the EPA TH does not do better tan the Othorn.

Before Hpass the Othorn has a db or two more than the EPA TH. BUT I am not after the very last drop of SPL. SO while the othorn does amazingly well I just REALLY like the post 795 design. And I dont have the HR inputs for that design. I did find the Akabak inputs for EPA's design that was very similar but not sure how to input those parameters into HR. Also not sure if Xoc1 changed anything either.

SO between a few members here the drawing changed ever so slightly. I am not sure what is even going on to figure it out. Most drawings I can see and input into HR. Not sure about the CAD drawing.

SO the design in post #796 was a TH made to be flat to 30hz with four cabs.(using an 18") The Othorn does beat it by 1db but EPA's horn was designed for an 18".

SO hopefully some of the guys will be available for an update on the above drawing. Once I can simulate and put things on paper I will start building.

Sorry for the babble. I love the look of this design and the SPL is almost the same as the Othorn. Othorn is probably an easier build. BUT I like being different. :D

s1/s2 is 830
s3 is 1440
s4 is 1567
s5 is 1740
s6 is 2036
this what i measured
for an 18"driver so vtc ~10000 incl spacers for excursion

but al of these can be changed
i cant find the akabak files for this specific design.

i found this 21" design wich is semi sym ,with a large troat chamber.
semi%20sym.png