Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurements and Double Blind Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course look at what can be achieved in electronics and physics with conventional measurements.
The question is (totally rhetorically, of course):Was anything great in audio achieved without "conventional measurements"?

All of this so that someone with no idea of how the product actually might can "tweak" it? Where else but audio? The insanity and inanity continue unabated.

Unfortunately, I am forced to defend myself, again.
It is a fact that about 15 years ago, I ADDED input filtering and lightning protection to a product that Jack Bybee manufacturered with another business partner that was built in Half Moon Bay near where Jack lives today.
I got $5/unit and I might have made $500 or so, which ended more than 10 years ago. Jack and his business partner went their separate ways, and this ended the making of these products. I use an early prototype of one of these products in my own home system. It is composed (as far as I remember) of a circuit breaker with a simple AC filter, with gas tube high voltage transient protection (this was my total contribution) then there would be a pair of Bybee devices, one in the hot, the other in the neutral, and some high quality AC outlets, in a nice box.
I have to 'wince' at the implied contribution on my part, with the use of my name as part of the title of the product, but you know marketing! Actually it would have been more accurate to call it the Bybee/Brinkman, as this was the guy who actually built the boxes and did the marketing. Carl Brinkman, a made millionaire, from stock options, was previously the CFO at Linear Technology, when he heard about the Bybees on the internet somewhere, and decided to retire from LT, and make these devices.
Due to differences in appropriation of labor, Carl dissolved the company, and Jack moved back to making the individual devices exclusively.
The other major factor was when PS audio made their active AC purifier, and this significantly reduced sales of the Bybee outlet box.
I visited the factory once, and truly wish that it had been located closer, as I would have loved to have an office there, but it was located too far away from where I lived.
Since then, I have not received any funds from Jack Bybee or his company. Jack did try to sell my solution for lightning protection to some other companies, and I have seen a smattering of royalties over the years.
Later, completely independent of me, and not even making me aware of what he was doing, Jack decided to work with an HP engineer, Mike, to make an ACTIVE AC Conditioner, that he and Mike have patented and apparently sold to a few different companies for manufacturing. Later, Mike developed the 'Bybee Music Rail' which is IC based.
Still later, Mike was convinced by Jack Bybee to work with me on a new power amplifier, based on some of Mike's ideas and my own. My contribution is mostly to make the analog sections as linear and subjectively optimum as possible. Both Mike and I have one of these amplifiers, which are IC based, with tracking digital power supplies made from another vendor. This is about where it is today, folks. Any questions?

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
This still doesn't answer,

1. They are supposed to work.
2. They are measurable.
3. They are quantum devices.
4. They are more than just a resistor.

Its interesting that Jack isn't interested in the discussion. If he could end it by giving you some measured data. After that length of time there should be tons of it!

Opinion only.
It would seem to speak for itself.
He hasn't got any!

Regards
M. Gregg

I hate his popcorn!

Attachments

• Picture 45.jpg
    Picture 45.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 168
  • bybee noise.jpg
    bybee noise.jpg