Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    35.5 KB · Views: 182
How many components are sold in electronics catalogues without data sheets? or access to online data from the manufacturers.
Off course in these Halcyon days of RoHS I seem to remember something about material declarations...
The new Bybee Slipstream Golden Goddess products are the culmination of decades of research and development by Jack Bybee.
Interesting, usually doing decades of research, you would accumulate some metrics of your designs and progress, I have studied PCB design for decades and have a wealth of information, lots of it dated (1979 is Ti guide on SMD design!) most of which I am loathed to get rid of, so someone working at a level JB alludes to, he must have a wealth on data and information...
Oh just remembered, its all hush hush, cant have any foreign powers getting the secret, only true blue audiophiles.

:D

Wow what heat.

As far as I am concerned SY, myself and very few others have ever tried to measure the results of a Bybee device.

Now SY and I get different results, we also measured different versions. I can tell the difference between my Bybee and my first test resistor. I have four more that came in and comparing those to the Bybee may show other differences.

Now I just finished up a small sound system and need to clean my desk before playtime.

Now if anyone else wants to pony up and buy one they can try their own measurements.

Opinions are free and worth every bit of their price.

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Here's the pic with a little sharpening from XnView.

With the resistor removed, the input drops from -47dB at 22 MHz, (I presume MHz), down to -66.5 dB at 0.5 MHz. Then it stays steady all the way down. Not sure, it could be KHz instead of MHz.

Attachments

• Bybee chart 2.jpg
    Bybee chart 2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 176
Attached. Results show the loss across the device under test. Higher levels mean more reduction.

Attachments

• 43.JPG
    43.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 44.JPG
    44.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 56
  • 42.JPG
    42.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 45.JPG
    45.JPG