Bybee Fraud Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through the testimonials page I came upon this nugget, the guy breaks in his product with his projector, and as we are quoting testimonials as facts...
I started the [prototype Bybee Slipstream LC] cord off, as I always do, powering my projector in my home theater system. I do this to “break in” the cord, and to see if it introduces any noticeable changes. Without even knowing I had done a swap, my wife asked after 2 minutes of watching plain old cable TV: “Did you do something to the TV? It looks much clearer and more natural.” And so it did, so much so that I left it on the projector for much, much longer than I had planned – not wanting to give up the improvements in picture quality.

Finally let us look in detail at th
It turns out there are two types of electrons in the world, one type which tends to “hit” less. The Bybee filter tends to trap the ones that hit and eliminate the noise. Thus the devices really do filter out the “noise” that builds up WHENEVER THE SIGNAL PASSES THRU A CONDUCTOR. This means the devices are best used at major impededance changes, and after longer “runs” of conductor, e.g. at the speaker drivers. Other good places are at the preamp & amp in and the power entry to same.

Music is AC, the electrons in the Bybee devices never travel through it but jiggle in place, so please explain HOW it can do what is claimed... any answers...

And finally the gentleman who made the above statement just happens to be the President and Board member of...
Westside Music & Cinema
So no affiliation to high end audio....
Now some may smell a rat here, but I am sure there is an innocent logical explanation to all this?

Me I just smell the roses growing luxuriously in all this fertiliser....

Last edited:
(Ultimately I thought tearing it apart would be fun).

Please do! I bet it full of mayonnaise.

Best technical explanation I have found:

I'd like to know more about that guy's "background in physics". I have absolutely no background in physics, but a few seconds with google was enough for me to learn that "quantum noise" has nothing to do with "electrons bumping into atoms" whatsoever.

It's all about quantum uncertainty.

Quantum noise only becomes prominent when dealing with signals that are small enough for the laws of quantum mechanics to start playing a role. Hi-fi audio signals are nowhere near that small. They manipulate a huge amount of electrons, which can be seen as an equally huge amount of "coin flips". In other words: The uncertainty of a hi-fi audio signal is so low, that the quantum noise is practically zero. There's no need to "purify" it.

Besides, a real attempt to "purify" quantum noise would require breaking the laws of quantum mechanics...

I'm sure all the world's physicists are waiting with bated breath for the announcement that peer-reviewed experiments have now shown that there are "two types of electrons in the world". Conventional theory is that there is only one type of electron, and all such electrons are indistinguishable. How could we have got it so wrong?

There are only two possible reasons for someone to claim two types of electrons:
1. he doesn't know much about physics
or
2. he hopes his readers don't know much about physics
I am not in a position to judge which is the correct explanation here.

I'm sure all the world's physicists are waiting with bated breath for the announcement that peer-reviewed experiments have now shown that there are "two types of electrons in the world". Conventional theory is that there is only one type of electron, and all such electrons are indistinguishable. How could we have got it so wrong?

There are only two possible reasons for someone to claim two types of electrons:
1. he doesn't know much about physics
or
2. he hopes his readers don't know much about physics
I am not in a position to judge which is the correct explanation here.

Or 3 He is president of a company supplying bespoke hi-fi and a part of the scam...:)

Like the mayonnaise quote:)

The new scam in hi end audio is crystals and crystal technology it seems quite a few are jumping on the bandwagon J.Bybee included

John Wheeler may be right that there even is just one single electron in the whole universe, moving up and down space-time.

There has to be a least two, from recent revelations; a smooth cool electron that can move through time and space with the minimum of hassle (and a personnel friend of anyone who buys into this mush) and the electron equivalent of the boozed up guy staggering home colliding with every crystal lattice junction it can find, this is obviously the dark electron that has only so far been discovered by those that understand the world of audiophile physics.

Someone may be very knowledgeable in one small aspect, and deservedly be awarded for it.
Doesn't imply any 'wisdom' in the larger picture or other fields.
Good example is the current Euro crisis, several nobel guys in economics ventilating their individual opinions.
If one of them is right, the others can only be BS artists.

Same same for 'Professors'.
Our astronaut and professor, with a PhD in physics on gamma radiation.
RIP, but I can't think of anything more pathetic to ruin one's credibility.
=> https://vimeo.com/74188223

The new scam in hi end audio is crystals and crystal technology it seems quite a few are jumping on the bandwagon J.Bybee included

Guy in HiFi shop (been in HiFi for 45yrs) tried to sell me some 'Monster type' speaker wires, 256 strand Mono Crystal Copper and waved a demo pair at me with the words:
"Don't forget, these are directional!"
"Ahhh, do you have a sticky label and a pen"
"Yes, one moment...."
I peeled label off backing, folded it round one wire end and wrote...
"Insert this end in ***" and handed them back with a cheery "They are now!"

This made some thing pop into my head while typing:
If hifi cables can be directional, this means all cable is directional - do electricians know which end is In and Out on a spool of 2.5sq/mm twin and earth?
How do I check?
Maybe thats why my base (< joke) is slow... electrons are not 'powerful' enough to swim wrong way in directional wire.

Gawds, what happens if EVERY bit of copper is orientated incorrectly in the audio chain?

:rolleyes:

Someone may be very knowledgeable in one small aspect, and deservedly be awarded for it.
Good example is the current Euro crisis, several nobel guys in economics ventilating their individual opinions.

I would not count economics as a science based subject, from my brief encounter with it when I was in the 6th form, it has no hard rules, you make them up as you go along and I could never work out where the baseline was, it seemed to be floating and depended on all the other factors... gave it up and did physics it was easier to understand:)

That video is all Chinese to me.

Dan.

The bloke means isolation transformer with grounded center tapped 120V secondary.
Nothing extraordinary about that.

Dan.

AC is NOT +/-, any actual physicist (or first year electronics tech, for that matter) would know that and you should too. And no, it's not just semantics.
What that CHARLATIAN said is completely wrong, don't try to defend him, your credibility will suffer.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.