Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Are you Ready!

Under 120 hours until Burning Amp Festival 2019!

Nelson Pass has completed final revisions to the Amp Camp Pre-amp + Headphone amp (ACP+) to be built in the Build Workshop. I will go to SeaRanch on Wednesday to pick up 50 kits which Nelson has put together.

Friday night I pick up Zen-Mod at the airport.

If you haven't already, please sign-up for the Saturday Chinatown Banquet. While we can accommodate some Saturday signups, it would be a big help if you can sign-up early. It will be a great party! (That is if your idea of a great party is eating delicious food, drinking beer, and discussing audio with fellow enthusiasts!)

If you have indicated that you are volunteering, please meet at the side of Building C in Fort Mason at 7:45am Sunday, for a brief meeting before the doors open at 8am. If you are displaying a project, you can start loading in at 8:30am. There will be plenty of people there to help you carry your stuff upstairs.

If you haven't pre-ordered your Sunday ticket, show up starting at 9am. Sunday entrance is $30 and the Indian Lunch is $10. T-shirts are $20. Cash is preferred - bring $20's and $10's.

See you there!

-Tom-

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Another question though, how does one travel with a heavy tube amp? I have trouble just lifting it never mind carrying it through an airport, or even on a wheeled vehicle you still need to lift it. And how does TSA treat this stuff, with an array of Russian military parts?

I took my paX amp from Europe in a carry-on trolly. Customs inspected it, I had left the cover unscrewed so could show the insides.
After swabbing the inside for drugs and semtex came up clean they waved me through. Less than 5 minutes.

Jan

On an airline? You don’t.

Ship it to the hotel you are staying at and ship it back home from there. Pack as if it will need to survive a 6 foot drop onto concrete, because it will. “Fragile” on the outside of a package will result it in being intentionally thrown. The only label the shipping people respect on a package is “Glass”.

After you look at retail shipping rates, you’ll be glad to leave it at home. :rolleyes:

If you do bring it, putting the tubes in carry-on is an option. Mind you, given that I've seen Karens (redditors will know who I'm talking about) jamming their barely-fitting bags into the overhead bins sturdy packaging would be of the essence.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
San Francisco at it's best!

The fall is the best weather in San Francisco.

Burning Amp is fortunate to have really great weather this year. Highs will be in the low 70's; perfect for eating Indian Food while sitting on a bench, smelling the salt air, and looking out on the Bay and Alcatraz.

There are only 20 of us signed up for the Chinatown Banquet Saturday night. Who else will join us?

-Tom-

Open spot for workshop

I would like to join the measurement workshop if possible.
I was on the mailing list but did not receive anything on it.
I got busy with work and missed the sign up on the BA website.
I am traveling to San Francisco and already have hotel reservations for Sat pm.

I am already on the wait list.

Thank you for the consideration.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
The fall is the best weather in San Francisco.

Burning Amp is fortunate to have really great weather this year. Highs will be in the low 70's; perfect for eating Indian Food while sitting on a bench, smelling the salt air, and looking out on the Bay and Alcatraz.

There are only 20 of us signed up for the Chinatown Banquet Saturday night. Who else will join us?

-Tom-

it goes without saying , that I'm in :)

did you already signed for me , it would be funny signing again , so I must go in twice ?

:clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.