Burning Amp 2023!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I was thinking of setting pickled Thai peppers out as an optional condiment, like tiny cornichons or pickled baby carrots or regular old everyday dill-pickled cucumbers. Much the same way that Mexican restaurants provide Zanahorias en escabeche as an option on the side: pickled jalapenos and carrots.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2011
Paid Member
For clarity: I was thinking of setting pickled Thai peppers out as an optional condiment on the buffet tables for the group lunch on Sunday. At previous Burning Amp Festivals, some attendees felt the catered Indian lunch was under-spiced and a bit disappointing. So this pickle idea, plus post #175, are potential contributions from me, hoping to avoid similar unhappiness this time around.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
No group lunch is planned at this point. (Your organizer is trying to simplify his work load.)

There are four or five restaurants within a block of the Community Center so no one should starve.

If someone wants to organize a taco truck in the parking lot, that would be a nice touch!

-Tom-

We can serve the peppers in the listening room:

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Awesome.... Tidal has it now in 24/96. The audio track, holographic in my home office audio system. They also have the video, but of course the audio quality... is not the same.

Maybe we should all dress up as Elvii and have this as the Burning Elvis Amp Festival '23.

Karaoke time for Sunday Lunch.

Love Elvis. The HIC brings back good memories. Santana....

Thai chili peppers... hot in, hotter out! Beware.

Aloha,

EDIT: Dang it... you just blew my work day... Now I gotta fire up the main stereo and go on an Elvis tear....

Last edited:
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Hi Rogster,

I am available to assist with set up and more importantly clean up if needed.

Burning Amp is a volunteer effort, so all hands on deck for set up and clean up.

I could bring snacks, but nothing flammable :hot: (well maybe the amp).

Burning Amp is famous for our coffee and snack table so we will have plenty, but Cary (Nikon F) always brings chocolate chip cookies! (No pressure Cary!)

-Tom-

Reactions: 2 users
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Folks:

Car rentals are pricey at SFO, but I just stumbled on Kyte (which appears to be similar to Turo, in that you rent an individual's car and not something corporate-owned). Five days rental for about $300 (fees and taxes included) and no extra fee for additional drivers. My wife and I plan on using Petaluma as a staging area for day hikes, wine tours and sightseeing, so a car will be useful. Kyte is new to us and may not prove to be a better solution than traditional car rentals, but it is about half the cost.

YMMV.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2010
Paid Member
BAF'23 - Sunday Zoom Tickets Now On Sale!

I just sent out 320 emails with a bad Eventbrite link! Use the one below!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/burnin...ets-695560479117?aff=ebdshpsearchautocomplete
Burning Amp Festival '23, where DIY audio fanatics celebrate their hobby.
Burning Amp returns for the 15th time with the Wine Country edition at the beautiful Petaluma Community Center. Two days live + Zoom Sunday.
www.eventbrite.com

Sunday features headline talks by Mike Rothacher, Andrew Jones, and Nelson Pass, plus updates from Jim Tiemann, Wayne Coburn, Tony Salsich, Scott Hinson, and Don Naples.

Sunday also has the Burning Amp auction. Donations to the auction include must-have items, so be ready to bid and win.

-Tom-

Reactions: 3 users