Building with the Soekris dam1121

I measured the two VCC5Ds.
one is about 150mA, the other is about 15-30mA
(see attachment)
pinout with current.png

But not to lazy - measuring current is tiresome :)

This makes me want to try two different +5V for the VCC%Ds.

Thanks!

//

PS. Can you see any variation in current one either of them while playing audio?

I might as well tell as you otherwise will never stop asking :)
one VCC5 (pin 2) is for the FPGA Core voltage DC-DC switcher, the other (pin 1) is for everything else, via the 3.3V lin regulator.

I don't see any big advantage by using two 5V regulators, but I have noticed that some people have different opinions here :)

Yes.
I tried hundred times before (in dam1021 and dam1941), sometimes it works finally so I can upload firmware. But most of the time it failed. I never remember how to make it works.
Therefore I tend not to connect to uManager because I am lazy to try.

The answers are in the thread. I once had brain fade (not for the first or last time) and took the easy way out and asked here. But it is a longish read if you’re in a hurry (or lazy:)) and as I’ve just had that essential morning espresso....

Of course you know the 1121 interface is TTL. Like the isolated TX/RX on 1021. So a different PC-to-1121 interface is needed compared to good old RS-232 as used for the non-isolated connection on the 1021. But you know this.

From memory, with the communications software I’ve used (HyperTerminal), in my setup, YMMV depending on what you use, yadda, yadda I find it necessary to set the software to NOT append line feeds and NOT send line ends with line feeds under ASCII Setup.

Hope that eases the state you’re in....:D

The answers are in the thread. I once had brain fade (not for the first or last time) and took the easy way out and asked here. But it is a longish read if you’re in a hurry (or lazy:)) and as I’ve just had that essential morning espresso....

Of course you know the 1121 interface is TTL. Like the isolated TX/RX on 1021. So a different PC-to-1121 interface is needed compared to good old RS-232 as used for the non-isolated connection on the 1021. But you know this.

From memory, with the communications software I’ve used (HyperTerminal), in my setup, YMMV depending on what you use, yadda, yadda I find it necessary to set the software to NOT append line feeds and NOT send line ends with line feeds under ASCII Setup.

Hope that eases the state you’re in....:D
Thanks for your big hint. Dam1021 has two kinds of connections available, one is non-isolated RS232, another is an isolated TTL.

Attachments

• dam1021_serial1.PNG
    dam1021_serial1.PNG
    53.6 KB · Views: 185
  • dam1021_serial2.PNG
    dam1021_serial2.PNG
    26.9 KB · Views: 190