Building with the Soekris dam1121

I bought dam1121 few months ago but I could not make it sound. May I know how to make it sound?

I think you need to read the 1121 manual, specifically regarding config strap pins, which you don't appear to have considered. The relevant config pins need to be connected to ground via resistors (3K3 IIRC). My little interface board holds them in my setup.

You power supply connections look OK

Last edited:
Maybe the attached picture will help?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 224
I think you need to read the 1121 manual, specifically regarding config strap pins, which you don't appear to have considered. The relevant config pins need to be connected to ground via resistors (3K3 IIRC). My little interface board holds them in my setup.

You power supply connections look OK

Thanks bro!
I just realize that!
So just connect the resistors from strap pins to ground pin to tell it is "0"?
strap_pins.PNG

I guess it should be noted that the upper end of CFG1-3 resistors are connected to GND ... this is not visible in the PCB drawing.
Just to avoid confusion for the people struggling what to do.

Also do not forget to "Enable Audio" on J1 "EN_AUD" pin otherwise it will not give any output.

That is to connect a 3k resistor from EN_AUD to VCC5D?

Last edited:
As I have not connected my dam1121 yet I am not sure, the manual description is not really clear. It only says "PU (pull-up) when Master" :confused:

According to the example drawing at the Soekris site (Test board schematics - running 2 boards as balanced) both are pulled up to 3,3 V but I guess 5 V (= supply voltage) will be fine too.
It is a bit confusing that this drawing the pin is called "MUTE" and the manual call it "EN_AUD"

So final conclusion is: pull up to supply voltage ... use VCC5A.

As I have not connected my dam1121 yet I am not sure, the manual description is not really clear. It only says "PU (pull-up) when Master" :confused:

According to the example drawing at the Soekris site (Test board schematics - running 2 boards as balanced) both are pulled up to 3,3 V but I guess 5 V (= supply voltage) will be fine too.
It is a bit confusing that this drawing the pin is called "MUTE" and the manual call it "EN_AUD"

So final conclusion is: pull up to supply voltage ... use VCC5A.

Agree. It's really unclear.