Building a Pearl 2

Hi. The Pearl 2 Boards are on their way to Germany and I'm collecting parts now.
Question: For the Power Supply: is it recommended to use a dual supply (left/ right channel with own trafo,..)?

And just one comment on ESD damage: I saw some of you having components laying on Sheets of paper: this can Generate Lots of "static" volts, destroying sensitive components. Buy some static dissipative bags if you really need the paper there and put them inside these bags. Better: have an ESD-mat properly grounded on your desk as base and store the Papers somewhere Else.
Kind regards

ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Going into testing very soon. There was a lot to read & absorb in this thread…whew. Fun build. Yes I built a dual mono supply because, well, I could. Thank you to all for a great project.

Attachments

• 2429EB55-DEC6-4EAC-AB23-063C3AB864D7.jpeg
    2429EB55-DEC6-4EAC-AB23-063C3AB864D7.jpeg
    550.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 03A667AA-DE31-489C-BC55-3426F0536F05.jpeg
    03A667AA-DE31-489C-BC55-3426F0536F05.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 185
ResisterClone
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I’m just blown away how good the sound is. Dead quiet. I’m listening to Dick Johnson & Dave McKenna “Spider’s Blues” recorded at Coast Records April 1980 through Ortofon blue (5.5mv), Wayne’s 2018 pre, and mono block Alpha J’s. Very detailed, bass is very accurate, mids/highs very realistic. Dead quiet.

Thanks Mr Colburn & Pass Labs & DIY store. Also, for this forum and I can’t forget this new look… just fabulous, thanks Jason!!

I’m just blown away how good the sound is. Dead quiet. I’m listening to Dick Johnson & Dave McKenna “Spider’s Blues” recorded at Coast Records April 1980 through Ortofon blue (5.5mv), Wayne’s 2018 pre, and mono block Alpha J’s. Very detailed, bass is very accurate, mids/highs very realistic. Dead quiet.

Thanks Mr Colburn & Pass Labs & DIY store. Also, for this forum and I can’t forget this new look… just fabulous, thanks Jason!!
Can I ask what loading resistors you have set for your 5.5mv MM cartridge as i have a similar output im using ?