Build This MoFo!

It's funny that the diagram on your SMPS shows 4 different outputs @ 20, 15, 9 & 5 VDC, but only 3 wires. You should have at least 5 if the negative is common. That is, if it's a normal PSU.

Was that with a USB-C plug at the end?
If that was the case it will never supply the 20V because a chip inside needs to do the handshaking with the device attached, for example a laptop.

JDG, what about the mains input, I assume it is right side. Three lines. colour code= black red blue ?
Untitled.png

I checked, it looks like this model kt60w200325b3 is

65W Chromebook USB C Charger for HP Chromebook​

Please check this mains input . . . so the output seems to be USB-C. Not very nice in audio power!

>Good call @Stanislav.

This is what pops up with that model number.
Unfortunately, doesn’t look like this smps brick is good to power MoFo’s.

65W 45W USB C Charger Laptop Chrombook Charger Type C Charger for Lenovo 65W 45W USB Type C for HP Chromebook Charger for Dell Charger USB C 65W 45W USB Laptop Charger https://a.co/d/hCt0u2o<<

YUP. I'm bailing on this brick and going to a linear supply. There, at least, I know what I am getting into ;-)

Thanks guys!

Reactions: 1 user
Here is my MoFo from spare parts, P2P, linear supply underneath. I bought the wrong bricks :p

I am listen to it now, it is biased at 1.18 with Hammond 159ZC chokes, sounding very nice as it warms up.

Thank you all for this opportunity. It is good fun, with a little help from my friends :)

Attachments

• MoFo on top.jpg
    MoFo on top.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 225
  • from spare parts MoFo.jpg
    from spare parts MoFo.jpg
    402.3 KB · Views: 220
  • MoFo in place.jpg
    MoFo in place.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 216
Reactions: 2 users
^ :nod:

I've sent Mouser two notifications for incorrect data sheets...

There is a little exclamation point with "See an error?" in the upper right below the cart.

In both cases, the errors were on the manufacturer, but Mouser made it right.

Double... triple check.

As a newer person to electronics, that's why I always like to use parts purchased and tested by others. The same nomenclature for a part... may be a different part... can be a nightmare to troubleshoot.

Also, those little Mega testers are the cat's a$$.
@ItsAllInMyHead Can I ask which testers you're talking about? Were you referring to the small clamp meter?