• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

BOSC - HiFi Monoblock Class-D GaN Amp

Hi, first post here, just place an order for 2 of these amp modules (these could be in stock soon). I plan on building these as mono blocs but in slightly larger cases. I'm just trying to decide on the power supplies; cui 56v vs murata 54v, both have similar specs. Tending towards cui as that's the one Leo uses plus its plug and play (the murata could be a neater one box solution). Are there any other reasons for choosing one over the other?

First amp/electronics build so I'm on a learning curve, one question I have is regarding stand off height, would 8mm be sufficient?

First amp/electronics build so I'm on a learning curve, one question I have is regarding stand off height, would 8mm be sufficient?

Yes 8mm is sufficient for standoffs.

The Murata power supplies are the ones I use inside my integrated amp (see picture). Both CUI and Murata deliver the same performance.

Good luck!!!

Attachments

• 106452120_10100948343234927_455965703327771357_o.jpg
    106452120_10100948343234927_455965703327771357_o.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 642
I'd be interested in hearing if any of you were able to successfully build up a board because I'm going to attempt the same thing - as long as all the components are available that is.

You have to use a stencil if you want to build this successfully. I am quite good at SMD soldering but there are some incredibly small parts where a microscope would come handy. On a few of the parts I had to enlist local help but thankfully the stencil made it easy.

Here is my build:

Orchard Audio Bosc (GaNFET Class D) vs. Hypex & Co. ? | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

Leo was kind enough to measure my build to verify I didn’t screw it up.

It continues to be my Class D reference.

Best,
Anand.

Last edited:
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
I'm also very proficient at soldering with the proper tools but am still considering converting a toaster oven to a mini reflow oven just to do these boards. If you've already built some boards with a stencil would you still happen to have that stencil and be interested in selling said stencil? :) (I'm assuming there is only one version of the board in production)

Leo - if you'd prefer that we have this conversation outside this thread just let us know.

I'm also very proficient at soldering with the proper tools but am still considering converting a toaster oven to a mini reflow oven just to do these boards. If you've already built some boards with a stencil would you still happen to have that stencil and be interested in selling said stencil? :) (I'm assuming there is only one version of the board in production)

Leo - if you'd prefer that we have this conversation outside this thread just let us know.

I do no have any stencils, if you would like to get one from somebody here who had them made (eg poseidonsvoice) you are welcome to do so.

As for the version the current boards that I am shipping are rev 2.0b, many people here who purchase boards a while ago and have not assembled them yet have version 1.5.

The only difference between rev 1.5 and rev 2.0 is addition of an input buffer which also gives rev 2 board an input impedance of 44k versus the 5k on rev 1.5.

Audio performance on both revs is identical.

Last edited: