Best Compression Drivers today 2022?

Reactions: 1 users
... I simply lost interest in the TDL last July after not finding any actual measurements and Mabat's extensive simulations suggested that such a device won't work like I thought it might.

I'm glad that you find the TDL's improve your listening experience, and sorry to hear you think actual measurement data would immediately be attacked or "explained away".

Happy Holidays!
Art
Look what I found today at the USPTO (attached below).

I would guess this answers any naysayer questions on the subject of the "phase plug extender". The enclosed figures are likely from the Hope, AR anechoic chamber, as the figures are the same format and application as other polar measurement plots posted from that facility.

With the revelation that this device is now "patent pending" (i.e., Klipsch didn't advertise "patent pending" on that part up until the USPTO published the patent application one week ago), it brings up the subject of what to do about the third-party 3-D print file that in this post:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...heritage-jubilee-acoustic-performance.396074/

If the patent actually issues, I suppose that the file will be removed here.

Chris

Attachments

• Phase Plug Extender.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 307
Last edited:
I have reread the applicable US law concerning provisional rights from the date of patent application publication and have taken down the 3D print file that was posted in the reference thread. See that thread for relevant wording of the patent law concerning patent applications.

Chris

I have aluminum diaphragms on hand though I have not installed them. The swap would be very easy and I plan to try them out at some point.
I am using a Ciare PR614. It is a great option crossed at 700hz. On a large horn the CP755NDs should play to 500hz with some equalization.
Hey have you ever swap out the titanium and the aluminum on the cp755nd to see which one is better just curious

also is someone have tried the 18 sounds ND3 BE it seems an upgrade of the ND3 N ( nitride coated titanium) with more level in the last octave ?
Same here. and from a youtube video, the 18 sounds ND3 BE seems to be the cleanest BE compression driver that 18 sounds have ever made.
(ps: the waterfalls looks like frequency reponse was normalized)
BE -csd normalisé.png

Reactions: 1 user