Behringer iNuke NU3000 Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
behringer gets sued for many things on a regular basis, mainly using other companies ideas, then building a product that works the same for half the price.. makes people mad.

I couldn't justify trying to sue someone for selling an amp for 525$ and then saying its 6000 watts, thats unrealistic. They have covered there steps by listing rms and Max burst output both in there brochure.

Look at it this way -- the NU3000 is really an NU2000 if you want to rate it as rms not peak (which I agree would be more honest) -- but the difference in SPL is less than 2dB, and it costs about £200 in the UK, and weighs next to nothing, and has pretty decent performance according to the tests I've seen.

If it didn't say Behringer on the front (and was rated at 2000W) people would probably be raving about what a bargain it was...

(and the NU6000 even more so, with twice the power for 40% more money)

If you want an accurately-rated top-notch quality amp, buy a PKN at 4x the price :)

I "may" be right about the FTC regulations. In a document from ftc.gov, the regulation applies (applied?) to: "the Amplifier Rule covers manufacturers and importers of power amplification equipment for use in the home." The original rule (1974) was ammended in the 1990s and relaxed about 2000. Even so, the relaxation was for media advertising, no need to mention THD or bandwidth, but the maximum power is still supposed to be continuous (RMS I assume) into 8 ohms (certain exceptions, of course.) Also, claims made including in the brouchure, should be according to the fuller disclosures including THD and bandwidth. For "home" equipment, this does indeed seem to be the case. But I bet that Behringer is not intended for home use, so they escape this regulation. Certainly, when they trumpet (on the Web) that for example the NU3000 puts out 1500 watts per channel, it certainly does NOT, maybe Peak, but not RMS. Mind you, this is my very shallowly-informed legal opinion about the USA. How this applies in other countries, of course I would not know. Here is a link to the doc: or google "FTC amplifier rule":
http://www.ftc.gov/os/2000/12/amplifierrulefrn.pdf

Wait's Law: The big print giveth, the small print taketh away.

Last edited:
Problem

hi , i bought a behringer inuke 3000dsp and i'm not able to set it for my subwoofer , its like if the bass can,t be produce.

if there's somebody that have one and the settings are great can he send me the print screnn for every of theses following parameters please

Redirect Notice

Redirect Notice

http://click.infospace.com/ClickHan...2&mid=9&hash=B19EE715B8F6EF7840644AACEAE45A86

Finally i talk with a DJ and he said that if my ipod wa directly plugged in the amp , it wasnt giving enough power so he said to use my gutar amp as a preamp and it works!!

The only thon is that it i a guitar amp an the sound is not particilary graet so can somebody suggest me a good preamp for my behringer inuke 3000dsp?

Out of curiosity, I tested voltage and continuous power output for 20hz & 10Hz.

With no load:
20Hz = 49Vrms
10Hz = 44Vrms

With 8 ohm load:
20Hz = 282 Wrms
10Hz = 230 Wrms

With 4 ohm load:
20Hz = 475 Wrms (< 10 seconds)

After about 10 seconds, the power output dropped back to 280Wrms.
Based on this, I skipped the 10Hz and 2ohm testing.

It would be interesting to see what effect the limiters would have. Is there any chance you could repeat the test with the limiter enabled?

Thank you

Behringer NU1000, NU3000, NU6000 RMS Power ratings

It seems that Behringer has removed the link from post#11 containing the brochure with RMS ratings for the NU1000/3000/6000. As far as I could tell, none of the newer brochures contain the RMS ratings. So...find attached an excerpt from the older brochure containing this information.

Attachments

• Behringer_iNUKE_WebBrochure_RMS_Power_excerpt.pdf
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,514
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I've been trying to get some help in my own sub thread and at HT shack and have not gotten any responses.

I built a sealed RSS390HF in 4.2ft^3. I'm powering it with a NU3000DSP. I can't seem to get any volume out out of the thing. At half gain on the inuke and half on my preamp I can just barely feel the cone vibrate with bassy material. My preamp is rated at 6V output I think; it's a Peachtree Nova. I've only seen the level lights on the inuke come on once for a second and that was only the first orange light. The level meters in the dsp software show peaks of -48db input and about the same output with the pre at about 12 o'clock

I get the same weak results with my Receiver's sub out. When I calibrated everything, the receiver set the sub at +10db which I believe is max on it and it still is not at all strong.

The sims showed the driver reaching xmax with 350W if I remember correctly without boost and around 175W with eq. The inuke is rated at 610W rms into 4ohms so lack of power should not be the problem.

I'm running rca to xlr and speakon to speakon.

Can anybody give me any ideas please?!

Thanks

BTW, On the RCA>XLR, I unsoldered the ground at the XLR end where it was connected to the body of the plug. The ground is still connected to pin 1 though. It had a jumper that went from pin 1 to the body of the plug and I was getting a ground loop hum with it hooked up. Doubt this is the issue, but I want to provide as much info as possible.

ok it sounds like you are getting nothing into the amplifier, so how is your XLR to RCA cable wired?
typically these are wired:
RCA Ground (sleeve) --> XLR pin 3 (and also often linked to pin 1)
RCA signal (Tip) --> XLR pin 2
in reality it usually doesn't matter if RCA ground is connected to pin 2 and signal to pin 3 except for phasing subwoofers (and some older amplifiers which although they had XLR inputs were really unbalanced, but I don't think that is the case with the INuke).
usually if one leg of an XLR cable is open circuit, the symptoms are very low level and what there is has almost no bottom end, so from your description it sounds like you may have pin 3 (or pin 2) unterminated....

ok it sounds like you are getting nothing into the amplifier, so how is your XLR to RCA cable wired?
typically these are wired:
RCA Ground (sleeve) --> XLR pin 3 (and also often linked to pin 1)
RCA signal (Tip) --> XLR pin 2
in reality it usually doesn't matter if RCA ground is connected to pin 2 and signal to pin 3 except for phasing subwoofers (and some older amplifiers which although they had XLR inputs were really unbalanced, but I don't think that is the case with the INuke).
usually if one leg of an XLR cable is open circuit, the symptoms are very low level and what there is has almost no bottom end, so from your description it sounds like you may have pin 3 (or pin 2) unterminated....

Hey, thanks so much!

Okay, I tested continuity and pin 2 > Tip (RCA)
Pin 3> sleeve (RCA)
Pin 1> sleeve (RCA)

And as I said, there was a jumper from pin 1 to a screw on the plug's body, but I unsoldered it because of a hum. I can resolder it but it's just a ground to the amps body.

I have the amp set to dual. Is this correct or should it be stereo or something else? This is my first experience with a pro amp.

It seems like a low preamp output to me because the behringer is sending a little power to the sub. It's so low though that the gain knob on the 3000 doesn't even seem to have much/any effect. The only thing, is that I've tried two preamps and the behringer is supposed to have an input sensitivity of something like 0.75V.

Could it also be the way I wired the speakon jack in the sub? I wired it Pos.>1+ and Neg.>1- The jack is a 4 pole the cable is 2 pole.

Ok then sounds like your cable is fine (I am presuming you have checked for tip-sleeve shorts ) and a <30 ohm output would not even break a sweat driving a 10K ohm input.

1+ and 1- is the usual way of wiring a single amp channel on a speakon so that also sounds like it should be OK - and going by the very low input indication you have on the DSP display makes me suspect the problem is at the front end anyway.

6.5V output should have no trouble driving a halfway decent Amp into clip but just scanning the thread I can't see if you have mentioned what level the Inuke controls are at, although you do to say it doesn't seem to make much difference?

You could always just unplug the speakers, crank the output from the pre and turn the gain controls on the Inuke fully counter clockwise and see what the meters say?
If you can redline the meters in this arrangement then you probably just don't have the volume up enough.

So failing that, try setting the amp to dual mono or stereo (in dual mono you allocate processing to each channel individually, in stereo any processing you allocate to one channel also gets allocated to the other) leave the speaker unplugged, bypass/disable any EQ or processing and crank the input controls on the Inuke and the output controls on your Pre-amp.

If this doesn't redline the amp then we are looking at a fault somewhere (either faulty output on your pre-amp or faulty input on the Inuke and I would try swapping your input lead to the other channel of the Inuke and if it is still faulty there, then it sounds like the output of your pre-amp.

to test the output of your pre-amp (as it sounds like you have a multimeter) crank the output of your pre amp and measure (AC volts) the voltage out of the RCA connector. while your meter may not handle the full 20Khz you should still measure a couple of volts with the volume maxed out.

yeah, just confirmed in the Inuke manual (page 9):

The input level can only be controlled by using the CH A and CH B knobs on the
front panel of the iNUKE amplifier. The Amp Remote software does not control
the input level
so this means even if you have stuffed up your processor config, you should be able to redline the input meter with the volume maxed out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.