Back-EMF and flat impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this is a 'crap' statement: [With over 30 years industry experience and an audio system of my own that implements all of the above, I do not feel the need to answer to such an imbecilic (and erroneous) comment.]

i can tell when someone is a grifter by the response to a challenge. i challenged you to prove that this type of system is worth "...the extra effort of using current drive even more worthwhile." and you call me names.

ok. again, prove it. or will you call me more names?

i see you are in the UK. how is the immigration going there?:D

30 years...
I'm impressed.;)
Jn

Someday those who worry about speaker magnetic design will actually understand it. Maybe not.

Jn

i don't understand the mathematics. i barely understand it conceptually. i'm not an EE or AE.

but, i don't worry about it. music is to be appreciated. the electronics and acoustic devices allow us this experience. and the sound is pretty good. it is better now than in the past.:D

For example, grounding one side of the voice coil to the driver basket and the amp does eliminate the capacitance between basket and voice coil. Difference is audible, but I have not done measurement comparison.

I am sure there is a theoretical explanation for this.

i don't understand the mathematics. i barely understand it conceptually. i'm not an EE or AE.

but, i don't worry about it. music is to be appreciated. the electronics and acoustic devices allow us this experience. and the sound is pretty good. it is better now than in the past.:D

Then I would suggest you would do better to consider the contributions of those that do. The impedance of a drive unit is not a simple function.

And interestingly too, the sound is not always better now than it was in the past as you will find if you investigate old AlNiCo based motors.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.