Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
In ZM's World ookups are permanent thing

though, simple pic of your pcbs (few gens, but I took care of no change to previous parts nomenclature), should solve all dilemmas

last gen is having BSS170 cascode in place of upper zener above CCS and, yes, 12V zener bellow CCS ...... (so, just one 12V zener, not two)

now - protecting zeners for mosfet and SIT gates - anything from 5V6 to 12V will work there

though, if I sent you set of schematics, why looking for same in thread?

Attachments

• XA252 Eagle sshot.png
    XA252 Eagle sshot.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 311
  • XA252 SIT schematic.png
    XA252 SIT schematic.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 118
  • XA252 SET schematic.png
    XA252 SET schematic.png
    104.7 KB · Views: 119
  • XA252 render top.png
    XA252 render top.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 111
  • XA252 render bottom.png
    XA252 render bottom.png
    99.5 KB · Views: 121
  • XA252 pure MOS schematic.png
    XA252 pure MOS schematic.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 116
  • XA252 parts placement.png
    XA252 parts placement.png
    121 KB · Views: 126
  • XA252 parts placement.pdf
    42.1 KB · Views: 77
Was just trying to figure out which one to follow. I think I figured it out, maybe I have the 2023 version which only has zd1,2,3. The schematics you just posted above are what I have. Sorry for the confusion I guess the older versions had ZD1,2,3,4(which you basically told me above, thanks again)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Zenmod, you included in my parts these nice little connectors. I have searched PC connectors and have yet to find ones like these. What are these called, I would like to order quantity. Maybe mouser/digikey not have? I will begin with Newark.

Much thanks in advance,

Russellc. 😺

Attachments

• IMG_20231229_074044358.jpg
    IMG_20231229_074044358.jpg
    588.5 KB · Views: 80
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Properly crimped is said to be more gas free connection than solder. I still solder.
I only say it because of my own experience dealing with, and having to repair some so called "properly crimped" connections from the OE at my workplace (railway electronics). I haven't seen the failure a lot over the past twenty years of repairing thousands of units, but I have had to fix some of them for sure..

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2003
Paid Member
"I only say it because of my own experience dealing with, and having to repair some so called "properly crimped" connections from the OE at my workplace (railway electronics). I haven't seen the failure a lot over the past twenty years of repairing thousands of units, but I have had to fix some of them for sure.."

Oh I get it, but there are loads of bad crimpers out there, not where you want to scrimp. My other problem with crimp depends on what you crimped to. If it is a press fit deal, there's a service problem waiting to happen. That said, a properly done joint with a proper tool does create a gas free joint in a perfect world. Improper crimps no doubt lead to much service work. Same with solder joints that werent done properly.

I always grab crimp connector with needle nose, waive plastic end in stove flame and scrap off with butter knife. Solder and use heat shrink. I will see if I can find the article I spoke of. I bought this thing for the woofer section of one of X's speaker projects. It has 8 woofers per side, wired everywhich way and reversed phase hook up on half the drivers. Plenty of places for me to get a connection buggered. Once correct and working, solder joints all around.

I trust my solder work.

Russellc