Babelfish XA252 / Babelfish XA252 SIT / Babelfish XA252 SET

@Russellc

no matching

see how generous I am, with build conditions ........ :clown:
Yes you are a star!

A while back I rushed out to buy the 30p version before seeing the 20p in the schematic 🙃 ... thankfully that made it possible to order the second set for symmetry (yesterday @ Mouser) - which i also missed in the first run :clown:

and I just counted the e-caps and checked them all for leakage and capacity, there should be a set for this project also
So don't hold back we are ready :giggle:

Attachments

• 20220310_131731.jpg
    20220310_131731.jpg
    599.4 KB · Views: 192
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I think our Viking friend wants to know if he should start matching 2sk2145 parts... :)

whatever, I like when I at least have just an impression that question is understandable (ZM being easily confused :rofl: )

Hi ZM, does this comment apply also to the XA252 SIT version?

Thanks,
Dennis

all 3 iterations - wanna just fully polish square wave etc.
nothing major - particular caps are already all placed/have position on pcb, just some playing with values
and want to investigate one detail which I didn't 'till now - effect and importance of Boucherot cell on output ....... which Pa is having in his XA25; why and what trade-offs are?

in many cases of, well, Babelfishing - most enjoyable and fun part of construction is trying to vivisect Papa's line of thoughts and particular set of compromises, than actually finishing that Babelfish

so, marching against both hypothetical amp and Papa's amp, I feel as very stubborn Schrödinger's Cat, having very strong affection for Mental Amp, rather than for actual Physical Amp

will I live or not, who cares, but marching itself is what counts and if that endures in time, all amps are becoming one ......... Physical Amp really not being needed as final confirmation

:rofl:

To the untrained eye ego-climbing and selfless climbing may appear identical. Both kinds of climbers place one foot in front of the other. Both breathe in and out at the same rate. Both stop when tired. Both go forward when rested. But what a difference! The ego-climber is like an instrument that’s out of adjustment. He puts his foot down an instant too soon or too late. He’s likely to miss a beautiful passage of sunlight through the trees. He goes on when the sloppiness of his step shows he’s tired. He rests at odd times. He looks up the trail trying to see what’s ahead even when he knows what’s ahead because he just looked a second before. He goes too fast or too slow for the conditions and when he talks his talk is forever about somewhere else, something else. He’s here but he’s not here. He rejects the here, he’s unhappy with it, wants to be farther up the trail but when he gets there will be just as unhappy because then it will be “here”. What he’s looking for, what he wants, is all around him, but he doesn’t want that because it is all around him. Every step’s an effort, both physically and spiritually, because he imagines his goal to be external and distant

end of rant being after this: when ZM needs actual Physical Amp to finish the work, that means ZM wasn't up to task and needed some work, to compensate for lack of understanding

XA252 being 99% of those being finished in mental domain

future XA252 US ....... well, that one still waiting for some serious work ...... but, good - those things are keeping me humble

Last edited: