• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Babelfish ᄅſ....or FW J2 on Steroids .... or Not your Father's J2!.... Kits!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yup , I have all the parts , plenty of pcbs etc. so no worries about availability

project is made with goal of using obtanium parts , as most of last one toys I made have as a goal and condition

now trying to catch with all late correspondence ..... if you sent me few messages or emails , don't be surprised to get few replies , without me exactly recognizing what I'm doing

I'm still bouncing back and fort in time ( and space, why not) ..... I mean - even more than usual :rofl:

shipping will be per list , how else :)

future projects ..... Babelfish M2/SEF amp , Babelfish XA25, Plethora (of Pinjatas) , LuDEF amp , ILine preamp(s)

you can bet that at least one of them should end as major flopppppppp

and - you can be also sure that there is nothing new under the Sun , besides funny names

:rofl:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
there is a saying , literally translated from Serbian ( and I'm sure there is same one in pretty much any language , with same meaning ) : Road to Hell is tilled with - best intentions ....

:rofl:

no fret Greedy Boyz ..... ZM is not just Omnipotent and Omnipresent , he is also Overslow and Ubersure

:clown:

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I thought the J2 was supposed to use CNY17-3, not CNY17-4 or is there a difference? I was looking at the datasheets and the only difference I can see is the current transfer ratio range is higher for the -4 (160-320% vs 100-200% @10mA).

I see others referencing the 4n35 as well and to my dumb eyes, the important specs look the same or close. Can someone tell me if all 3 will work or is it only specific opto that will work with J2? Is it CNY17-3 for Patrick's schematic and CNY17-4 for Babelfish J2?

I already have some 4n35 on hand from M2 I think but will order CNY17 if I need it and want to know if I need -3 or -4. I'm getting skinny J2 GB boards as well.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
well , I did everything with -4 , didn't tried with any of lesser suffix-es, so can't comment and not exactly having time to try :)

besides that trivial issue , there is another one - my Postal Service commenced Total Strike some 36h ago

I was aware of that yesterday , started checking is it case for just local postal traffic or ..... and now is official - everything stopped .

:bawling:

though , it can't be for long....... fingers crossed