Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

I am very interested to hear your findings about the differences of hi-nickel vs. lo-nickel Cinemags, because I only ever have heard the high-nickel one :)

Best regards, Claas

Nickel core transformers have significantly lower distortion at low signal levels, but tend to saturate earlier but it depends on how they are implemented within the circuit. . 80% Nickel should be more immune to hum (dead silent) as the nickel affords higher permeability (conductance Mu) and increases primary inductance.The better beast of both of them is Metglas® core transformer or nanocrystalline cores are superior in transparency and reproducing detail.

Last edited:
I have a number of these big PP caps from ISKRA (surplus material but in perfect condition). My intention was to try to adopt them on the Sissy (the problem is size, they measure 14 x 8.5 cm). The intention was to use them as decoupling Rail to Rail, so it would take two as it is a dual mono. So I should intercept the +24 and -24 cables near the amplification board. Does that sound like a good idea?

Attachments

• cap PP.png
    cap PP.png
    443.2 KB · Views: 523
  • Schermata del 2019-03-28 02-04-49.png
    Schermata del 2019-03-28 02-04-49.png
    390.3 KB · Views: 527