Babelfish M25, SissySIT - general building tips and tricks

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
another issue covered somewhere in front ...... C3 is in series with R13 , and that RC cell used only for Edcor (be it M25 or Sissy, so applicable to both)

to save you few mm of solder wire ( in case you need it) , I presoldered SMD C3 , counting that you'll skip R13 if there is no Edcor

so , yes , leave C3 in , it's hanging invisible

:)

Joined 2003
Paid Member
What about tiny white caps? still searching schematic for them. Better check M25 schematic, must belong there, but not finding place yet on board.

I Think I've been staring through magnifier too long today, time to rest eyes!

Tiny writing on them says 22K.....maybe a resistor. the search continues.

Ahh, I think it is for use with Borbly buffer maybe?

Russellc

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
left upper corner in both (M25 and Sissy) schematics covered main notes regarding Borbely WCF buffer iteration and yes , small u22 caps are for that

as clearly written on few first lines of post #1 in this very thread:

threads are here :

Babelfish M25 , AKA M2 on steroids , AKA M2-XA25 bstrd

SissySIT

reminder - read everything linked

last , hopefully most clear and informative schematics are here , take care to read all notes !!!!!.........................................

few linked threads are not just extremely fun , they're also informative

:clown:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
......... Better check M25 schematic, must belong there, .........

really , difference between M25 and SissySIT is sort of minimal ........ "just" upper output part , values of resistors from rails to output gates , few resistor positions around optocoupler and few diodes

so , everything left from optocoupler is practically identical between two amps

Curious if anyone has run 12ohm full range with sissy. I was testing out my Moth Cicadas last night and it seemed sissy was oscillating?

I didn't get sound, only odd scratching noise and a "pft pft" before I shut it down. I pulled speaker cables and fired it up and measure dc offset, normal, plugged in different speakers and normal sound. Plugged the Moths into a different amp, normal music. Tried sissy again and same odd behavior?

Haven't explored anything further, just surprised by this and had assumed that sissy would be a perfect fit for single driver full rangers.

Tubesguy passed along his Token's so I will swap out mine and get rid of the bandaid vreg, not sure this explains it, might be another of those mysteries that remain unsolved

.. dB

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
my main speakers are RCA LC1B , 16R nominally ....... practically extended range 15" (no xover there) with tweet on top (having 4uF in series)

no odd behavior, anywhere

and I can bet that 70% of test speakers in our caves are nothing else than dirt cheap boombox FR

so , problem must be somewhere else , not in Sissy's sissyness........ more likely in sum of your band-aids :clown:

Ready for first start and adjustments.. There is connectors on CRC pcb that allows to disconnect other channel during setup.
I have only one working DMM so first smokes have to wait a little longer..

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_212430.jpg
    IMG_20190510_212430.jpg
    957 KB · Views: 413