Babelfish M25 R.2/SET amp

Joined 2021
Paid Member
OmniMightySantaZenMod sent me my Fish :Popworm: :cheers:

PSX_20220907_180301.jpg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
little daughterboard made from one simple reason - for some time it was impossible to find LT3092 in biggest or mid sized case, and I was reluctant to chase smallest one

thus I tried and found option with LM334

as you can see in datasheet .......... and I did use few tricks more collected from clever ppl, schm I'm using is to achieve best possible TempCo

in short - transistor is not cascode but part ensuring that minuscule/just enough current is going through LM itself, while 1N457 is there to have exactly opposite TempCo

it'll never be as good as with LT3092, but taking context in account (entire amp circuit and drekload of other TempCo involved), practically both solutions are in same quality bracket

so, leave daughterboard as is, whatever packed in small bag - it'll work

Attachments

• LM334 CCS schm.png
    LM334 CCS schm.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2020
Paid Member
I'm getting a touch of audio nervosa & could use some reassurance. :oops:

The SIT implementation of the Babelfish M25 / SET uses an IRF510 MOSFET to drive the gate of the SIT. Fine, I had a few in my junk box. They test out fine with Vth in the 3.2-3.4 range, but they look old and funky and they are in the dang signal path. Should I have some fancier parts here?

Attachments

• IMG_9214.jpg
    IMG_9214.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IRF510_SIT_driver.png
    IRF510_SIT_driver.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 46
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
looking good to me

you could avoid half of complications, if not all, just if you did say that you want to build SissySIT, while ordering Babelfish M25 boards

anyway, don't despair, even I'm more than lost in all amps I made in last few years

whatever, last bling in that field is SissySIT (42) ..... which you'll have in the end, with slightly different boards