B1 with Korg Triode

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Very cool! Usually it is not an issue with the parts. I suppose that's a good thing :)

This is a really good resource for playing with the bias:

https://www.diyaudio.com/community/threads/b1-with-korg-triode.313612/post-7183945

The lower the bias the less stress on the tube. However, it should last a very long time regardless. Also swapping the Leads on both your speaker terminals changes the phase of the distortion. Another fun experiment.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 user
I think that in the future I will put the tube in a socket. They are no fun to remove as the leads are far from sturdy. Also, mounting could be improved by isolation if a socket were not attached to the board.
Some of you have placed 10 turn pots on the rear panel of the pre. That seems to be a very good idea for those of us who always want to know 'the difference'.

Finished mine just before NY, not my best work, but i expected worse :D
Bias is set to ~9.5v
Bit dodgy filter board setup, its held by a hot glue. Signal Caps were too big to fit on original PCB, so they had to go flying above in "3D" arrangement :)
Mod's replacement as recommended by @Brijac , main resistors, main caps, and signal caps.
Only issue i have is bit with ground when touching pot/chasis, so il have to ground pot and filter pcb, at some later point :)

Attachments

• viber_image_2022-12-30_20-11-39-235.jpg
    viber_image_2022-12-30_20-11-39-235.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 170
  • viber_image_2022-12-30_20-11-39-914.jpg
    viber_image_2022-12-30_20-11-39-914.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: 3 users
Finished mine just before NY, not my best work, but i expected worse :D
Bias is set to ~9.5v
Bit dodgy filter board setup, its held by a hot glue. Signal Caps were too big to fit on original PCB, so they had to go flying above in "3D" arrangement :)
Mod's replacement as recommended by @Brijac , main resistors, main caps, and signal caps.
Only issue i have is bit with ground when touching pot/chasis, so il have to ground pot and filter pcb, at some later point :)
Similar "3D" arrangement here with my build which I finished some months ago. It sounds good! Have fun!! :D

Gaetano.

Attachments

• PXL_20220712_223830012.jpg
    PXL_20220712_223830012.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 141
I wanted to update the thread:
I ordered the new set of JFET/ resistors/ board and replaced the JFET/ resistors on the suspect channel and how everything is running nicely. Voltage adjusts how it should, and the preamp is back to sounding like its fantastic self.

Thank you EVERYONE for your help!

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Plott,
why shouldn't the B1-NUTUBE fit the M2X?
Only problem could become time - i needed a lot of time to listen through my most preferred input-buffers of the M2X and
the adjustability of the B1_NUTUBE. And try to swap polarity of your loudspeakercables depending on the adjustment of the B1-NUTUBE.
I think you have a long lasting listening programme for the near future... Have fun! ;)
Cheers
Dirk :)