B1 with Korg Triode

Finally sat down to build this preamp, from complete set.

One channel only lights up, no voltage at T7.

Trying to measure many places, but cant seem to see where it stops. Q1 and 2 near T7 has no power what so ever, power at other Q1 and 2.

Any pointers appreciated!

(And how is the best way to attach images here?:))

Attachments

• 8FBCFF37-B54C-4FB7-B306-5ED579E2A1B7.jpg
    8FBCFF37-B54C-4FB7-B306-5ED579E2A1B7.jpg
    932.7 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
No, i meant there is no short. Just looks like it from my shoddy top solder.

There is no power on any of the jfet feet here, or any side of the resistors, or the 10 uf cap.

There is power on the + side of the 1000 uf caps.

Where does it stop:eek:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 21.01.35.png
    Screenshot 2020-12-10 at 21.01.35.png
    220.3 KB · Views: 538
Has anyone integrated a mute circuit between the B1 and the output RCAs? I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something like this: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/323336-mute-circuit.html#post5450128

I'd be controlling the relay with an Arduino, so that's not a problem but I don't quite know what he means by "Choose a value of resistor to suit the amplifier in use". My only guess would be using a resistor that matches the input impedance of my power amp. But his example of 1k seems way low. Any suggestions?

Thanks all, this is an amazing preamp and community.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Has anyone integrated a mute circuit between the B1 and the output RCAs? I'm pretty sure I'm going to do something like this: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/323336-mute-circuit.html#post5450128

I'd be controlling the relay with an Arduino, so that's not a problem but I don't quite know what he means by "Choose a value of resistor to suit the amplifier in use". My only guess would be using a resistor that matches the input impedance of my power amp. But his example of 1k seems way low. Any suggestions?

Thanks all, this is an amazing preamp and community.

pot wipers to GND

no need for resistors in mute route, just switch from wiper to GND , manual or relay