B1 with Korg Triode

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Pre-orders for the production run of the Korg Nutube B1 complete kit are now open.

If you have any questions about the pre-order process, kit composition, etc please ask them over in the store's B1K Pre-Order Q&A thread. The B1K pre-order status page will always be kept up to date with the latest news about the pre-order.

Emails to people who've signed up to be notified about this becoming available will start flowing out in a few hours.

Cheers :)

15" of snow in Lafayetee, Colo, on Friday. Further emphasizing the shelter at home factor. So why not DIY? Several parts for B1K arrived on Friday and Saturday in the mail or via FedX, so today (Sunday) I got down to some work with the old soldering iron. Very impressed by the Galaxy case that arrived, though it will take some drilling. Hmmm. Wound up short two 100 ohm resistors.

Attachments

• IMG_0858.jpg
    IMG_0858.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_0862.jpg
    IMG_0862.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 821
Last edited:
Just had an "accident" on my B1 Korg,

I had a little hum problem, so decided to do some adjustment on wiring. Once finish, turned it on, immediately I saw issues 1)The NuTube didn't light up 2)the PS (SSLV1.1) measured only 12V. It took me about 2-3 minutes finally realize the ps input on B1 board is reversed.

Corrected and nervously turned on again, it appears OK. All the check points still get desired number, no pop or any kind of broken sound when playing the music. And the hum is gone.

Still wonder anything could have been damaged?

Speaking about the microphonics... my amplifier sits on the bottom shelf of a console table. It's not the sturdiest setup, especially with TV on top. Anyway, my amp started oscillating (this happens less often now). For whatever reason, I lifted up the amplifier. My silicone feet actually stuck to the table a bit. When I lifted the amplifier, the sound went away. There is some relationship between the amplifier and table that can cause the issue. Not sure what the solution is, as silicone feet on amplifier and rubber spacers under standoffs should have helped, right? Mind you, my tube is still microphonic (clapping is a recipe for disaster). Now that I know about the table relationship, that might help fix most of it.

Hello everyone
Sorry to bother you but I have a question.
I just finished the build of my B1K and am experiencing something a bit odd...
I built it with the provided Jfets and R1 and I can’t get T5/6 higher than 0.5V, and T7/8 lower than 15.5V ��.
I guess there is a resistor to be changed but I’d rather use your wisdom than mine if you see what I mean....
Thanks in advance

I had trouble with getting the correct resistors in the right place. In many ways it’s easier to get striped resistors in kits like the ACA correct. If you’ve followed best practice and got all the resistors so the values show post a picture or two or get someone else to check them. I found it was like proof reading a document you don’t spot your own typos.

Hi ,
A new B1K is alive in France ... I just finished building it this afternoon .
Everything did start well and all the voltage are good given that the Meanwell psu I am using is outputing 24.4V instead of 24.0 ( Cathode Heater voltage is safe at 0.64V)
Tomorrow I will start the listening test .
If you are wondering why the white piece of paper on the picture , it is to leave space for a sigma 11 power regulation board and for the remote control for a motorised potentiometer .
If the listening test are satisfactorily I will go for a TKD motorised potentiometer .
Thank's to Nelson Pass for all his support and also to Claude and all as I went through all the 466 pages on the forum before starting my project !
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

l05r.jpg

It seems I have difficulty with pictures , I will appreciate if somebody explain how to put thumbnail images ?

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheers:

Glad another unit got completed: this 'little beast' deserves it really!

Full credit to Papa and Jim on my side

Let us know your listening impressions and enjoy it very much

Claude
PS: not a web expert, but I posted my pix using "Post reply" on the bottom left and then a new page opens and on that one, below the text section, you have "Additional options" with "Manage attachements". That's the one I used, it will open another small window and you can upload your pix ("Parcourir" and then just don't forget to hit the 'Upload" button bottom right to launch it really). Sure someone can explain better, but good luck :)

Another thread in this forum has made comment on the photo of my Korg
Triode circuit board, so I am offering this micro article on the subject.
Hi Everyone, I just received an email with regards the kit for this pre amp, and an intimidate question sprang to mind ! a light bulb moment if you will, has anyone here looked at using this tube for guitar pre amp duties ?, assuming anyone here is into music & playing Guitar as I am ! , or does anyone know of anything along thease lines at all ?
Cheers n thanks Paul.