B1 with Korg Triode

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I had a listen through the stunt speakers before properly casing things up.

DSC_0451 (2).jpg [/ATTACH]

I have used the NICHICON greensleeves / 10 µF / 50V in my B1 NUTUBE.
Sounds very good.
In my M2X I have changed the coupling cap from the NICHICON greensleeve to
a MUNDORF cap (C2 between EDCOR and follower stage). The differences
are marginal but audible. The discrepancy in the price is not marginal! :rolleyes:
There is more difference changing the inputboards in the M2X. But they all sound good - each inputboard with its own 'character'.

Greets
Dirk

Some pics of the NICHICONs in the B1 NUTUBE.
And in the M2X (the coupling cap is screwed in a screw terminal block -
easy to exchange - no soldering). ;)

Greets
Dirk

Attachments

• B1 Nutube NICHICON ES caps.jpg
    B1 Nutube NICHICON ES caps.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 893
  • NUTUBE BACK TOP finished.jpg
    NUTUBE BACK TOP finished.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 897
  • M2X mainboards.jpg
    M2X mainboards.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 900
  • M2X MUNDORF cap.jpg
    M2X MUNDORF cap.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 888
Wow this thing really is microphonic; my clunky Valab stepped attenuator causes whistles through the right speaker. I need to find a better means of damping the Nutube. Sounds good though:D

The xmas gift board from Mr P rings like a bast**d. I'm not blaming the board rather the Nutube itself or the way its mounted??.
The DIYstore board and the second Nutube is very quiet. Both were built with identical components and both tubes purchased from RS here in the UK but at different times some weeks apart.

The xmas tube it fixed (soldered) directly to the board where as the DIYstore board tube is on flying leads and on a foam suspension arrangement.

I'll be having a look at the xmas tube and detaching it from the board and mounting remotely with flying lead and a suspension kit. Not sure how much heat the tube will take for a de-soldering exercise. ??