• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

Hi All,
My DAM 1021 is directly connected to RPI configured to output I2S. The I2S lines from RPI are connected to the isolated I2S input lines on DAC. The DAC J3 socket isolator 3.3v leg is fed from RPI and the isolator GND also from RPI.
Is it possible to connect the SK Lite in this configuration together with the RPI?
I do not want to use the RPI for serial communication but instead use the SK Lite.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks

Hi All,
My DAM 1021 is directly connected to RPI configured to output I2S. The I2S lines from RPI are connected to the isolated I2S input lines on DAC. The DAC J3 socket isolator 3.3v leg is fed from RPI and the isolator GND also from RPI.
Is it possible to connect the SK Lite in this configuration together with the RPI?
I do not want to use the RPI for serial communication but instead use the SK Lite.
Appreciate your help.
Thanks

The isolator 3.3 v can be powered by sk lite. See the attached chart. The single dam1021 does not require 1k resistance.

Attachments

• 130.png
    130.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 796
Hi Carsten and the other SK owners

This heat sinks are a great solution. I ordered them immediately to be on the safe side. Enzotech has also other nice heat sinks for other chip packages and as far as I know the double sided heat transfer adhesive from 3M that is included, is the best on the market.

Hi all,

I had a raspberrypi and I2S wiring question, can someone show me the right?
619601d1496589582-az-oled-setup-kits-soekris-dam1021-1121-control-i2s.png

Is that right?
RPI 40 => J11-I2S INPUT - DATA
RPI 12 => J11-I2S INPUT - BCK
RPI 35 => J11-I2S INPUT - LRCK
and GND

For powering the RPI I had good experience wit the ifi iPower but that is wall wart. Has anyone a good power supply like this for diy that I can build and put it in the housing together with AZ Oled kit?
Thanks!