• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

AZ OLED setup kits for Soekris dam1021/1121 control

About does capacitors, are they a must? (using latest Damn)If so, can you direct me to some information about which capacitor to use?

R.

You can use electrolytic capacitors, polymer capacitors, and even 106 patch capacitors. The PCB has its notes on it. Please pay attention the tolerance voltage of the capacitor. Without extra capacitors, SK would work normally, but we're diyer, and it's a pleasure to increase the capacity. Different capacitors can be used to adjust the sound.When PCB was designed, we thought about making as much diy as possible, making it easier for users to diy.

Joined 2016
Paid Member
My usb isn't working. In the device manager I get the following error: 43 "Device Descriptor Request Failed"

I have win10 and I installed the combo384 drivers from the site version 1.0.57
Suggestions anybody?

The Audiozen and the dam1021 are working, I tested with coax to my cd player. And holy cow what I sound!!!

Did you flash the amanero with the right firmware?

I flashed with firmware shown in the picture and that was functionally on Win 10.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 960
My usb isn't working. In the device manager I get the following error: 43 "Device Descriptor Request Failed"

I have win10 and I installed the combo384 drivers from the site version 1.0.57
Suggestions anybody?

The Audiozen and the dam1021 are working, I tested with coax to my cd player. And holy cow what I sound!!!

Please connect the usb card to your computer directly.If usb card working well, check if there's a problem with the usb cable.Maybe the usb cable sequence error.

Purple D+, Brown D-. Red +5V, black GND.

usb.jpg

Morning together,

stupid question, if I want to use the USB (via amanero) then ist the i2s in use, how can I can I connect an raspberrypi?
Is that possible then to use xternal I2S? When yes where is the best location to connect the pi?

@arnd13,
which Telema did you use?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Morning together,

stupid question, if I want to use the USB (via amanero) then ist the i2s in use, how can I can I connect an raspberrypi?
Is that possible then to use xternal I2S? When yes where is the best location to connect the pi?

@arnd13,
which Telema did you use?

Thanks!

Using J11 to connect the raspberry pi, you need to remove three 33 ohm resistors. This way, the i2s is the raspberry pie, but the hdmi i2s isn't available.
i2s.png

@audiozen

I have one question: In post#30 your are writing the 15VA/25VA transformer could have 12 volts but on all pictures the bigger tranformer has 9 volts.

Yesterday my TPS3301 died so a have no negative voltage for the dam.
I just ordered new TPS and I will swap the chip within the next days.

Is it better to use 9 volts for the DAM supply??

Hi Carsten

I bought the following Talemas as Leon suggested for powering the 1021 with DC:

70062K 25VA 2x12V
70030K 7VA 2x7V

You can get them from Buerklin. If you order before 18 o clock during working days you get your parts delivered on the next day. Buerklin is not the cheapest but they are fast and have a very good service and sell only quality parts, even the no name parts they offer are always very good.

Kind Regards
Phil

@audiozen

I have one question: In post#30 your are writing the 15VA/25VA transformer could have 12 volts but on all pictures the bigger tranformer has 9 volts.

Yesterday my TPS3301 died so a have no negative voltage for the dam.
I just ordered new TPS and I will swap the chip within the next days.

Is it better to use 9 volts for the DAM supply??
3301 chips are not easy to damage. And even damage should damage the 4701 chip first. So please check the resistance of the 3301 feets to the GND. Is there a short circuit?. It feels more like 3301 chip protection.

4701/3301 can work stably at 120 centigrade. We are using the through-hole below the chip to connect the copper skin behind the PCB. If the chip temperature is too high, you can fill the hole with solder, accelerate heat conduction, or add heat sink to the 4701/3301 chip.

Transformer output AC10-12v more appropriate,.PCB printed on the AC10v. AC12V output, 4701/3301 chip temperature will be higher, but also safe. So with AC10v input is enough, after voltage regulation, voltage drop 2V. 4701/3301 will not work in AC9v,please do not use AC9V transformer.