• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Audiosector USB DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The SPDIF DAC has been around since 2005 and there are few reviews on 6moons, most recent one here: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/audiozone5/system.html

The USB DAC was introduced last year and it's basically same circuit with exception of input interface which converts USB signal directly to I2S.

The Premium kit (with Black Gates) is USD$250, transformer additional $30 and Cardas dual RCA $20.

The DAC is also available as assembled and tested circuit, mounted on wooden board, at $80 more.

See attached pics for details. User comments can be found here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=56975.0

Attachments

• USB-10.jpg
    USB-10.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 4,859
  • USB-20.jpg
    USB-20.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 4,602
  • USB-30.jpg
    USB-30.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 4,538
Last edited:
Hi Peter
My name is Manolis and I am from Greece
I read al ot of your work at the audiophile forums and i would like to try your usb dac ( and mabe later your amps...)
Bytheway if I have understand right the price for the dac (assembled and tested ) is 380 USD?
My email is hatzoglu@yahoo.gr

I will wait your responce as soon as possible you can..

Regards
Manolis

I recieved a USB kit (looked to be in good shape), assembled everything, and used it for a few days. Worked very well, good sound!

Then-- something quit working...
The computer no longer recognizes the DAC.
Re-cked all solder joints, ck'ed continuity to components from DAC input to chip; all good.
Where else to look?
Bad chip?

Thanks,
Robert

It's rarely a hardware problem, most likely it's related to software/interface. Some people experienced similar problems in a past, especially after sudden power disruption during a storm, etc.

Switch everything off, wait an hour or so, connect USB cable to a DAC and power on the DAC first. Then power on computer.

If you can't make it work, ship it to me and I will check it out.

For more info on system configuration, I recommend this link: The Art of building Computer Transports

Yes, tried a couple other, different DACs, back to using one of them now.
Tried other USB ports.
Tried a different computer.
Tried power on to DAC first, computer off for an hour, a day, a couple days.

There have been sudden power disruptions from storms.
Maybe need a UPS for this circuit?

I'll ck out the website, & if I still can't figure out anything ship it to you (Peter),
Thanks again,
r

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.