Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Has anyone used the allo usbridge signature with fifopi? What is your experience with the usbridge sig compared to other rpi when used with fifopi?
I used. it's definitely better than the standard Raspberry 3 and 4.
everything works perfectly. but it does not fit into a standard case, you need to remove the board.

There is another alternative way, tweak raspberry pi with the clocks.
like here
1684768426372.jpeg
1684768456411.jpeg

alecm,I wonder how much jitter a PLL multiplier like that add,The power supply must be of very good quality also.Can of course use externaly clock,like Symmetricon Sattelite clock with antenna and lowpassfilter before input card for even better sound perhaps.
@Batenet

It seems to me that there are some common misconceptions about jitter values. Yes, there is a certain amount of jitter in the PLL, but in my experience, this is incomparable with the advantage that the OCXO clock gives.
I know about some experiments with raspberryPI and replacing the clocks always gave a positive effect in the case of a good clock.

And yes, power supply of clocks is always a very special theme. There are some specific moments that play there.
for example, the battery-based power supply is always very good for clocks and so on.

Reactions: 1 users
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
My present set up with the big lifepo4 board indicates a short . Before this it also did not work so i am thinking about buying some new boards.
One stack '' containing '':
Purepi, Raspberry 3B+, Shield pro mk2. And the monitor Pi just for ''checking'' I have a few 3.3 volt Uchybrid boards so i can add that one too??
A second stack with fifopi Q7 plus Sinepi. I dont have a lot of space so could i use a second Purepi here too with a Uchybrid board added for the 3.3 volt?
Greetings, Ed

I have quite a few ultra-low phase noise audio clocks to test.
That would be a very interesting experience but will be also a lot of jobs.

1. SC-Pure 45.1584MHz
2. Pulsar OCXO 90.3168MHz
3. RFX OCXO 45.1584MHz
4. AS318B 90.3168MHz
5. CCHD957 45.1584MHz
6. NDK NZ2520SD 45.1584MHz
7. Neutron Star2 45.1584MHz
8. Drixo 45.1584MHz

ClocksToTest by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
I have quite a few ultra-low phase noise audio clocks to test.
That would be a very interesting experience but will be also a lot of jobs.

1. SC-Pure 45.1584MHz
2. Pulsar OCXO 90.3168MHz
3. RFX OCXO 45.1584MHz
4. AS318B 90.3168MHz
5. CCHD957 45.1584MHz
6. NDK NZ2520SD 45.1584MHz
7. Neutron Star2 45.1584MHz
8. Drixo 45.1584MHz
Ian,

This is probably one of the most existing experiences here. Looking forward to seeing outcomes!
Do you have equipment to measure the phase noise?

I used. it's definitely better than the standard Raspberry 3 and 4.
everything works perfectly. but it does not fit into a standard case, you need to remove the board.

There is another alternative way, tweak raspberry pi with the clocks.
like here
View attachment 1176599
View attachment 1176600
This clock board can only output 10MHz clock signal, but it can provide 25MHz and 54MHz clock signal. We know in theory that there will be no good results.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
My present set up with the big lifepo4 board indicates a short . Before this it also did not work so i am thinking about buying some new boards.
One stack '' containing '':
Purepi, Raspberry 3B+, Shield pro mk2. And the monitor Pi just for ''checking'' I have a few 3.3 volt Uchybrid boards so i can add that one too??
A second stack with fifopi Q7 plus Sinepi. I dont have a lot of space so could i use a second Purepi here too with a Uchybrid board added for the 3.3 volt?
Greetings, Ed
I also got the first Ucpure board. I have to check if i can fit two Eaton caps into my chassis

@casshan

Your project looks great. The UcPure MkIII with 3000F ultracapacitors is the best ultra-low noise power supply in the real world. So good sound quality is expected.

I like the case. Is it customized?

Nice weekend.
Ian
Thanks Ian
Yes, the front panel and rear panel was customised

Attachments

• IMG_5359.jpeg
    IMG_5359.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
I try to replace my FiFo Setup with an FiFoPiMa V1, but it just does not work (using I2S). The DAC is a Soekris DAM 1121 which takes only 32 bits per audio word. Changes for the FiFoPiMa V1.5 let me guess that V1 only supports 16 bits per audio word. Is there any workaround for the V1 Version to output 32bits ?
Thanks
Torsten