Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
I think a serious transformer should have a screen between primary and secondary winding or use a split bobbin.
You can screen the entire transformer but if garbage from your powerline by transfer from primary to secundary you wont gain a lot.
Most transformers nowadays are made with reducing cost as primary target so you need to make a careful selection.
Greetings, Eduard
P.s i have bought a lamppost in Vietnam that used a steel copper clad wire to connect it to the outlet in the wall.
Greetings, Eduard

This is a wonderful hobby and great fun but I do question the lengths people go to, sure there are benefits but the real question is how much difference do you actually hear. Its also nearly impossible to do a clear A/B test for many of these updates

Still who cares if everyone is having fun and obtaining satisfaction from the updates! :p

Reactions: 4 users
On Mouser it says 103 Can Dispatch Immediately.

Attachments

• eaton.PNG
    eaton.PNG
    19.3 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone any experience in using Ultra capacitors from SPScap? They have the "same" specs to Eaton XL60 with an ESR of 220 uOhm vs 200uOhm, and more affordable:
www.elfadistrelec.de
When it comes to components that can cause damage I always go with the well respected manufactures, that's my view , the extra cost of those components buys me peace of mind

Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2021
Paid Member
Hello,
Enjoy music on you tube?
Did anyone see that company that use a small bucket of silicone inside their electronics?
Makes our hobby look even weirder.
Greetings Eduard
I believe you are referring to Angela Gibert Yeung! Her work, previously associated with Blue Circle, is undeniably intriguing. She incorporates Supercapacitors and capacitor mixes into her designs and has bank that you can upgrade all your stuff with...The next time I'm in Toronto, I'm planning to listen to her creations for myself. True story Eduard, It appears she/he's literally using a bucket of silicon... It could be excellent for precision clocks and vibration-sensitive components...

Joined 2021
Paid Member
Has anyone any experience in using Ultra capacitors from SPScap? They have the "same" specs to Eaton XL60 with an ESR of 220 uOhm vs 200uOhm, and more affordable:
www.elfadistrelec.de
It looks like they are not using the same measurement method. SPScap isn't using IEC62391-1

Eaton: Capacitance, Equivalent series resistance (ESR) and leakage current are measured according to IEC62391-1 with current in milliamps (mA) = 8 x C x V.

As @Ras Dan said, going with a proven product is never a bad thing ;)

Reactions: 1 users
When it comes to components that can cause damage I always go with the well respected manufactures, that's my view , the extra cost of those components buys me peace of mind
Good Point :)

They are stocked by Elfa Distrelec and they are a part of RS components. So that's why I looked at them at first time. I believe this must provide some originality of a product...