Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

Just a more or less educated guess:
If the DAC Chip has to drive 2 instead of 1 output, for sure the distortion will increase as the ideal operating point of the output stage of the DAC has now changed into a non-optimal zone.
Seems you are looking for a (passive) preamp, which is then connected to a headphone amp and the power amp?
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-...spdif-pcm-dsd-usb-c-power-supply-p-12795.html
This is the DAC I have now. I just soldered OCC wires on the bottom of the PCB to two Furutech RCA connectors mounted on the front of my case. I use them to connect my headphone. But it is not ideal. It is more than powerful enough to drive the headphone, so I'm not looking for a headphone amp. But I hear a difference with my Lotoo PAW 6000. That is why I am looking for a solution to connect a headphone in a way that does the OPA861 justice.
I could solder two extra XLR connectors to the OPA861. But I'm afraid of quality loss.

Unfortunately, I also am screwed by the Maxwell Ultra Cap recall. I have exactly one of the date codes mentioned. I have emailed Mouser to see what I can return. I guess patience is required here again.

This whole build has been a test of patience with RPi 3B and 4B non obtainable. :cry:And now the already installed caps being recalled. This system is finished, installed in a chassis and was waiting for a RPi. A special thanks to REDJR on showing his builds.

Powers up great with all the diodes in the right colors and messages on the displays.

Here is hoping that April showers bring May flowers and RPi's and new Ultra Caps from Maxwell.:)

Reactions: 1 user
12V configuration for UcPure MkII/MkIII

UcPure with 3000F ultra capacitors could be the best low noise power supply in the real world. I know a lot of people want a 12V configuration to upgrade their DDDAC, So the solution is here:

1. Replace S2 with a 390K 0603 resistor, can be RT0603DRE07390KL
2. Keep S4 OPEN
3. Replace S6 with 232K 0603 resistor, can be RR0816P-2323-D-36D

Under this configuration, the UcPure will be:
12.6V: fully charged
10.3V: Trigger the protection mode to re-charge the UCs
12.33V: Back to pure mode when reach this voltage

Please make sure all the voltages are correct before connecting to your DAC if you want to change to this configuration.

Reactions: 6 users
Unfortunately, I also am screwed by the Maxwell Ultra Cap recall. I have exactly one of the date codes mentioned. I have emailed Mouser to see what I can return. I guess patience is required here again.

This whole build has been a test of patience with RPi 3B and 4B non obtainable. :cry:And now the already installed caps being recalled. This system is finished, installed in a chassis and was waiting for a RPi. A special thanks to REDJR on showing his builds.

Powers up great with all the diodes in the right colors and messages on the displays.

Here is hoping that April showers bring May flowers and RPi's and new Ultra Caps from Maxwell.:)
@MartinJohn, Sorry to hear about you having to wait even longer now to get some results from your build. I tried to find out more info on the recall, but it's seems like crickets out there. Maxwell, has done a good job of keeping the details from their customers. In my case, I can't even return the four spare caps I bought from Mouser. That's what I get for discarding the packing slip! Both of my builds where I'm using the caps where exposed for months, while I fiddle with them, getting everything just the way I wanted. I've been impressed with using Ian's uConditioners. They never broke a sweat and never, ever showed signs of even the slightest amount of overheating. I'm going to continue to use them, since one is already closed up, and the second will be soon. Actually, the second one is closed with the lid on it since it's still on my bench. From all that I've read, supercaps actually behave better if abused than do most caps. So, for now, I feel the risk is low (despite the manufacturing flaw). I might change my opinion on that, should we get some details of the flaw, and the true risk of a fire/mishap just coming out of the blue. But, that not very likely, as no manufacturer wants to admit an issue. Just quietly issue a recall and move on.

The big screen one (7"), has been closed up now for awhile and working splendidly. The 2nd build, I still need to post the details of, but I'm waiting for my son to finish up with some custom software related to the roon software I use. Roon Web Controller (RWC) to be specific. Any week now. :)

Rick

12V configuration for UcPure MkII/MkIII

UcPure with 3000F ultra capacitors could be the best low noise power supply in the real world. I know a lot of people want a 12V configuration to upgrade their DDDAC, So the solution is here:

1. Replace S2 with a 390K 0603 resistor, can be RT0603DRE07390KL
2. Keep S4 OPEN
3. Replace S6 with 232K 0603 resistor, can be RR0816P-2323-D-36D

Under this configuration, the UcPure will be:
12.6V: fully charged
10.3V: Trigger the protection mode to re-charge the UCs
12.33V: Back to pure mode when reach this voltage

Please make sure all the voltages are correct before connecting to your DAC if you want to change to this configuration.
Thank you Ian for taking the time to design, test and release this to us. I will add this to my list of build items as I now need another UcPure MKIII

IMG_20230420_211956.jpg

just finished this mini project! Sounds awesome:) still only one day of playing and sound is not yet stable, changing.
Thanks @iancanada for this opportunity!
It already sounds better than holo red.

Reactions: 5 users
It's plain aluminium box audio-gd style without any monitor.
Details:
Stationpi pro
Pi4 8gb
Fifopi q7
Accusilicon as318 clocks 90,98mhz
Hdmipi pro
Ucpure mkiii 3.3v
Linearpi 5v
Ucconditioner 5v
Eaton ultracaps
Toroidy.pl- supreme audio transformer

For hard drive:
Triad medical grade transformer
Ac-dc linear psu in lm317
Dc-dc linear on lt3045
Elfidelity sata power filter
Sata to usb driver with separate 12v power input
Samsung 870evo 2tb.
Viborg iec
Aucharm red fuse
Pure silver wires and silver plated mil spec wires
I guess that's it for this:)

Last edited:
@bludlivijkot
Thanks for the sharing. You streamer looks very nice. Congratulations! I'll re-twitter it.
Is the any possible to add a USB DVD ROM to make it having a CD player function?

BTW, just in case you want, by using a #50A universal GPIO extension KIT, you can move the MonitorPi to the front panel.
https://github.com/iancanada/DocumentDownload

Regards,
Ian

Hello,everybody have been a follower this forum long time but never posted.This is my fourth time built based on Ian Canada and Raspberry Pi.
Now i decided to go with the top of the line products.4 box solution with ultracapasitors feeding as power supplys,only raspberry pi have very high quality class A power supply,but to suppport have 2x325F ucconditioner board and seperate lt3045 for 1,8v and 3,3v.Go for Raspberry 3b for best sound.Use pi as a headless player streamin Tidal,Quboz and local server Synologie up to 192Khz 24bit,so go a sollution with low noise from cpu pi.Use Volumio with program music shield possible to separate task from music to dedicated cores.Have monitorpi but only for setup Q7,can hear it`s slightly degrades the sound so than settings stored in flashmemory take it away.So my system the latest boards from Ian,I must say have never had better sound enjoying very much
@ Batenet,

Your streamer project looks awesome, you did a good job. Congratulations!

What external DAC are you using? How do you like the Neutron clocks?

Ian

But seriously, Jan.
From my experience with Q3, I can say that connecting a separate power supply even to stock accusilicon in a small case gives a very good result.
I looked at the specifications of the laptechs clocks. I don't know what kind of crystals were made for you, but at 25 Mhz with low noise generators among their models are - in the region of 115-120 Db at 10 Hz. Which is a very high result (This is already close to limiting the other components in the rest of the streamer).
Your new Q7 is a great product, a worthy result of 10 years of work. I made a comparison by connecting to it stok RaspberryPi 3b and RaspberryPi 3b (Where I not only removed the pmic by making 1.8v 3.3v through separate linear regulator , but also removed the antenna, Wifi, Bluetooth with their clock and replaced the clock with 19.2 MHz from a separate PSU and achieved stable launch). I will attach a photo of my raspberry.
Very good! What can not be said about FifoPiQ3.
In this case, are you planning to make it possible for your clocks to connect a separate power supply from fifo board? So that you don't have to solder anything too much?
Thanks AirAir for the comments. Yes, it indeed.
I'm still working on SC-PURE sc-cut oscillators. They will be just directly plug and play to replace the supplied clocks. No need any soldering jobs or extra.

Good weekend.
Ian

Reactions: 2 users
Hello,
for the OPA861 I/V Stage:
how would I adjust iv resistors for lower output? The standard resistors give 4V rms balanced. What values would give 2V rms? This would be for Ian’s dual mono DAC hat.
What values to use with ES9038pro?
Thank for any help
Regards
Branko

@drone,

The standard balanced output levels are 4V RMS.
2V will be for SE outputs.

To lower the output levels, you can parallel resistors to the four I/V resistors. Please make sure using the same series to keep the good sound quality.

Ian