Asynchronous I2S FIFO project, an ultimate weapon to fight the jitter

@dddac

Those are wonderful experiences. Now I have some ideas about AS338. Thanks for the link. You did a good job.
I have a pair of AS318B 90/98. Actually they are not bad for the price. The only thing is that the pull-up on the OE pin is too strong. Have to bend the PIN1 or adding a pull-down resistor to compensate if use them with Q7. Don't understand why they design the XO in that way.

Good weekend.
Ian

Hi,

I have changed my fifopi Q3 with the Q7. The new Q7 really needs some time to run in, the first few days it sounded worse than the Q3 but after a week it was nicely settled and plays very good now. The 3d image is a tad better than my Q3 with reclockpi, not a big difference but significant anyway.
Running it with the drixo 5,6 and 6,2mhz clocks on a usbridge sig.

Now I have a question: would Q7 have any advantage when using the reclockpi on top?
Did anybody try this?

Hi @iancanada

I am working on a enclosure for my DAC and would like to have a display in the front panel showing the volume. I have the ESS controller, but the display is a bit to small for reading the volume...
Can the MonitorPi Pro your are working on control and show volume? Could the 4D touch display (connected to the station pi pro) incorporate the ess controller to show and control volume?

Any prototype pictures of the MonitorPi pro ;-) ?

Regards

Hi,
I’m using Fifopi Q3.
May I connect one andrea mori new driscoll 5.6 Mhz in one slot to play 16/44, and connect in the second slot another driscoll 11.2Mhz and two doublers to play other frequencies tracks at dsd512?

I read that the second slot is for 48x frequencies, but maybe there is a way to do it?

Thank you for your help.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi,

I have changed my fifopi Q3 with the Q7. The new Q7 really needs some time to run in, the first few days it sounded worse than the Q3 but after a week it was nicely settled and plays very good now. The 3d image is a tad better than my Q3 with reclockpi, not a big difference but significant anyway.
Running it with the drixo 5,6 and 6,2mhz clocks on a usbridge sig.

Now I have a question: would Q7 have any advantage when using the reclockpi on top?
Did anybody try this?
@Supersurfer

FifoPiQ7 equivalents to Q3 + ReclockPi with a lot of extra features. So what your feels are correct. And any electronic audio gears need time to break in.
ReClockPi is a dedicated low jitter I2S/DSD discrete re-clocker works in SYNC mode. Some audiophiles reported that it is still positive to use with a FifoPiQ7.

Ian

Reactions: 1 user