Apex A40 fundamental improvement. (Sandy)

Disabled Account
Joined 2015
why you don't like MJE340/350? Because American?

Attachments

• mje340.JPG
    mje340.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 857
Disabled Account
Joined 2015
This is the performance of the current mirror by the "Bad designer ". The Marantz , with the same transistors, is 0.006% for a gain of 2 but higher frequency response. By respect to the very kind people of Bulgaria , I retain to show yours.

Attachments

• apex.JPG
    apex.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
Just to clarify.

Do you really simulate this circuit with 1MOhm resistors polarizing zener diodes and the current source in upper and low side the very first stage (R7 and R10)?

I tried it in LTspice and it did not work there - Zener polarization error. I changed both 1MOhm resistors to 33K and I got simulation results.

It do really have very low simulated distortion, but very high DC offset even using coupling capacitors as suggested here.

Do you know how to analyses square wave amplifier response? Your square wave from first post shows problems. I could solve it with best compensation values.

The greatest problem with CFA is just DC offset and Marantz created a really good solution for this issue.

By the way, I think the real value of 680pF is 68pF and with this value almost all Marantz schematics performs very well. The problem rise because some capacitors manufactures mark 681 for 680pF and 680 for 68pF and others mark 680pF and 68pF as final value in component.

Regards and Happy New Year